Job Description: The MBOP CCDF Department is the Tribal Lead Agency (TLA) for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Administration for Children and Families (ACF) Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) Program for the MBOP Service Area (on the Moapa River Indian Reservation and throughout Clark County, NV, outside of the Las Vegas Paiute Colony CCDF Service Area). MBOP CCDF Department Manager is the designated CCDF Program Administrator for the MBOP TLA and therefore is responsible to develop, maintain, amend, and execute the MBOP CCDF Plan on behalf of The Tribe throughout the MBOP CCDF Service Area. As such, the MBOP CCDF Department Manager is the primary interface with the HHS Region IX Office of Child Care in San Francisco, CA, and is directly supervised by the MBOP Tribal Administrator. The MBOP CCDF Department Manager works closely with parents and with other community children’s program providers in the MBOP Service Area to improve the quality and availability of programs that enhance the educational, social, cultural, and emotional development of Native American/Alaskan Native Children.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops, maintains, amends, and executes the MBOP CCDF Plan on behalf of The Tribe.
2. Supervises all other MBOP CCDF Department Staff – determines staffing levels, job positions and descriptions, Department organization structure, and ensures that the staff performs in accordance with MBOP Policies and Procedures.
3. Performs the functions of the MBOP CCDF Program Administrator for HHS ACF Region IX CCDF Program Office and attends all meetings, trainings, webinars, etc., on behalf of the MBOP TLA.
4. Provides primary coordination between the TLA and the State of Nevada, Regional, Municipal, and other community resources for the MBOP CCDF Program.
5. Identifies and coordinates training opportunities for staff members, home providers, and child care facility workers.
6. Identifies, approves, and coordinates cultural activities for Native American/Alaskan Native Children and Families.
7. Prepares and submits reports to HHS Region IX and the MBOP Tribal Council as required.
8. Approves and submits all Program Budgets annually and is responsible for the MBOP CCDF Program financial spending and reporting.
9. Identifies the need for and submits CCDF plan amendments for approval.
10. Reviews and approves all Policy and Procedure updates.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
1. Must Pass background check.
2. Communicates and works well with all MBOP CCDF Department staff members.
3. Communicates well with a broad cross-section of the community, including civic leaders, Tribal executives, Federal Program Managers, low-income residents, and members of minority groups.
4. Works effectively with the Native American/Alaskan Native Tribal community and related community organizations.
5. Possesses a valid Nevada driver's license.
6. Performs related duties as required.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
1. Master of Science (MS) or Master of Arts (MA) degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Public Administration, or a related field with at least 5 years’ experience in Early Childhood Education/Child Care programs, Child Care Operations, Child Education, or related experience; or
2. Bachelor of Science (BS) or Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or a related field with at least 5 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity in Early Childhood Education/Child Care programs, Child Care Operations, Child Education, or related experience, or
3. Ten (10) years of experience in Early Childhood Education/Child Care programs, Child Care Operations, Child Education, or related experience with at least 5 years’ experience in a senior supervisory capacity.
Applications available/accepted at: Moapa Band of Paiutes, 1 Lincoln Street, P.O. Box 340, Moapa, NV 89025
Indian Preference Per Section 703(i) of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended
Job Type: Full-time
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
This Job Is: