- The Security Officer’s main function is to provide a friendly and safe environment for our guests and team members while protecting company assets.
- Security Officers will perform all duties in accordance with Caesars Entertainment policies and procedures, and within the realm of the Caesars Entertainment mission statement.
- Security Officers will routinely patrol assigned areas while providing guest assistance, being alert for suspicious circumstances or individuals, gaming violations, possible theft, safety hazards or related concerns, medical emergencies, or damage to CaesarsEntertainment properties. The Security Officer must know where all emergency equipment and exists are (phones, fire extinguishers, emergency exit’s, etc.). Any incident which would warrant security intervention will be immediately relayed to Security Dispatch by the observing Officer. Regardless of where an Officer is assigned, the Security Officer should be prepared to respond to assist fellow Officer’s at any time.
- Security Officers will display a professional, courteous, and a respectful demeanor at all times.
The following qualifications will be required for the Security Officer.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required
- 1 to 2 years preferred prior security experience
- Prior experience is a position with direct guest contact is preferred.
- Ability to manage several tasks at once
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills along with a good working knowledge of basic computer programs
- Must be able to obtain and possess a Nevada Gaming Card, an Alcohol Awareness Card (AES), and have a current and valid Nevada Driver’s License.
- Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift
Security Officers are to attempt to provide protection from any element, factor, or situation, which may jeopardize the welfare, security, and integrity of team members, guests, their personal properties, and company assets. The Security Officer will have specific responsibilities to include, but not limited to the following areas and criteria:
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Every Security Officer will greet guests and fellow team members with a friendly and sincere welcome.
- Security Officers must continuously patrol the property to ensure the safety of our guests and team members and to uphold established laws, policies, and procedures.
- Security Officers will exercise good judgment in solving problems and display a realistic understanding of the issues before them. He or she must be able to facilitate resolution of customer complaints through personal action and coordination with other departments.
- The Security Officer acts as an ambassador of Caesars Entertainment by providing accurate and detailed directions with respect to property attractions and amenities.
- The Security Officer is to maintain a well groomed appearance which reflects the professional appearance and demeanor of the Security Department.
- The Security Officer is to provide assistance to civil and law enforcement authorities, including testimony in court and other administrative proceedings.
- Security Officers are to provide medical assistance, without hesitation, following proper procedures and techniques as a “First Responder” to persons in need, including “First Aid” and “CPR”, when necessary.
- The Security Officer will interview, investigate, and document all applicable incidents which require Security intervention in accordance with company and department policy.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures.
- The Security Officer will meet the required attendance guidelines for the job and adhere to all company and department policies and procedures.
- The Security Officer will respond to areas of need when dispatched, in a timely manner.
- The Security Officer will conduct slot, pit poker, and other drops in compliance with Nevada Gaming law and departmental procedures.
- The Security Officer must be able to follow and comply with the departmental policy concerning the “Use of Force” with respect to the arrest and detention of individuals who violate laws and/or company policy.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTCS / ATTRIBUTES
- Neat, professional appearance with good personal hygiene.
- Set an example and be a role model / leader for all Security personnel through observance of all departmental policies and procedures.
- Must be “team centered” and able to share credit due with fellow team members while promoting a positive work environment and team spirit. Must work well with other departments and management as necessary.
- Must be tactful, maintain confidences, and foster an ethical work environment, prevent inappropriate behavior by co-workers, handle all situations honestly.
- Able to communicate clearly with staff, management, and the public through oral and written word, read and interpret complex information, be an active listener with customers and / or clients.
- Must be able to assume a role of authority as necessary in a high risk crisis, exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues, review facts, weigh options, delegate responsibility, and empower associates to make decisions, provide constructive feedback.
- Must show respect and be able to adapt to different values, cultures, or backgrounds when dealing with difficult people or situations. Build and maintain long term associations based on trust, help others.
- Must be able to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines, establish high standards and measures, do work right the first time and inspect material for flaws. Must be able to test new methods thoroughly and reinforce excellence as a fundamental priority.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to work and stand inside and outside, sometimes in heat in excess of 115 degrees, or cold as low as 10 degrees.
- Must be able to physically restrain individuals when a condition of arrest exists.
- Must be able to respond calmly in crisis and stressful situations, and be able to make rational decisions when handling guest and employee issues.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, jump, twist, crouch, grip, carry heavy loads and maneuver quickly on level surfaces, as well as, up and down stairs.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 60 pounds. Must be able to push or pull up to 150 pounds.
- Must be able to see and, also, remember the specific details of incidents and persons. Must be able to give court testimony when necessary and write detailed reports. The Security Officer must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
- Must pass the physical and written testing of the Western Division Security Academy (Controlled Force, Defensive Tactics, Legal Issues, Handcuffing, Tactical Communications, Use of Force, Report Writing, Searching Subjects, Emergency Response, Ethics, and Expandable Baton) within the first ninety days of employment.
- Must re-certify, between years 2 and 3, through the Western Division Security Academy, and must pass all physical, mental and environmental demands as required.
This job description in no way states or implies these will be the only duties to be performed by the Security Team Member occupying this position.
Disclaimer: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 1 year
- No experience needed
- Under 1 year
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Overnight shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Las Vegas, NV 89109: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Customer service: 2 years (Required)
- Casino Security: 1 year (Preferred)
- Security: 1 year (Preferred)
- NV Driver's License (Preferred)
- Gaming License (or ability to obtain) $100 first time (Required)
- TAM/Alcohol Awareness Card (or ability to obtain) (Required)
- Overnight Shift (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person