No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cyber security for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies” Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear.
More About the Role:
What You'll Get to Do:
- Will serve as Chief Engineer for the GSA CIO Application Maintenance, Enhancement and Operations (CAMEO) contract in Crystal City, VA. Oversees a team of technical engineers (both Leidos and subcontractors). Position will be responsible for Leading IT transformation strategy and initiatives to determine optimal technical approaches to meet program requirements, reduce enterprise cost of ownership, increase system security and modernize technologies. Serves as lead engineer on the CAMEO program, directing the engineering organization and responsible for validation of engineering approaches to projects. Oversees preparation of engineering ROMs, engineering reports, such as statistical and data analysis reports, for all engineering processes. Evaluates and identifies appropriate technology platforms for delivering recommendations to GSA customer. The Chief Engineer addresses business impacts of any operational actions and identifies potential risks and their mitigation, new opportunities, and process improvements.
- Chief Engineer will be required to lead the development and implementation of enterprise roadmaps, directing the delivery of projects and managing across multiple engineering disciplines.
- Will utilize organizational, leadership, creativity and problem-solving skills while ensuring standards are met in delivering quality products and services.
- Will lead technical and administrative personnel, and work with internal and external stakeholders at all levels up to and including GSA SES level executives.
- Responsible for strategic implementation of the enterprise roadmap (technical, organizational and development environment) for >90 applications across the Federal Acquisition Service and Public Buildings Service in order to reduce cost, standardize technologies, and enhance the user experience.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
These Qualifcations Would be Nice to Have:
- Requires Masters with 15–20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13–16 years of prior relevant experience.
- 15+ years’ experience leading a large technical team (+200), (including subcontractors) to determine optimal technical approaches to meet program requirements. Must have ITIL experience.
- Experience in providing strategic direction for long-term system maintenance and act as a key technical resource for internal/external customer stakeholders.
- Experience in the development and establishment of Engineering Review Boards or experience implementing engineering process rigor.
- Experience in large business process changes and integration of disruptive innovations. Innovation that helps create a new market and value network.
- Excellent written communication skills, including experience in presenting material to senior Government officials (SES Level).
- Demonstrated experience leading systems/sw engineering, Configuration/release management, system integration and test teams for large software projects.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate engineering cross functional organizational communication and issue resolution. Substantial experience with COTS integration programs.
- Exceptional team-building, leadership, interpersonal, and project planning skills including cost account and schedule management.
- Experience with migrating applications to the cloud, AWS cloud preferred. Extensive work experience as related to proposal and ROM generation.
- Experience in interfacing with the customer on both mission and technology related issues.
- Knowledge of mobile development (Android and/or iOS).
- Knowledgeable with Extract/Transformation/Load techniques.
- Agile software leadership experience, scrum master certification.
- Ability to assess technology and process improvements to drive operational and maintenance efficiencies in an operational environment.