Full Job Description
Starcom is the Human Experience Company. A world-renowned media communications agency, we believe the alchemy of people and technology creates experiences people love, and actions brands need. With more than 5,000 employees worldwide, Starcom partners with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Coca-Cola, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom is part of Publicis Media, one of four solution hubs within Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC40], and has offices within Publicis One.
Starcom is looking for an Associate Director to join the Performance Media team. The Associate Director is responsible for leading the execution team of a large enterprise client’s performance marketing program towards stated client and company objectives. The AD will manage and direct Performance Media teams, including Managers, Senior Analysts and Analysts. Proven account management and team leadership experience is essential, along with experience in online marketing and digital media.
The ideal candidate must have strong team management, SEM, and ideally ecommerce experience. This role will have an increasing focus on ecommerce, e-retail and eMerchandising as our clients look to monetize online.
- Develops, manages, and monitors client service delivery executions of the assigned accounts
- Oversees process development and execution management
- Assures quality control of all media planning and implementation
- Enforces Best Practices
- Prepares and presents annual financial plans and human resources plans
Ecommerce & Performance Media
- Implements Planning Process for the assigned accounts and holistic media planning across all digital disciplines paid search, display, social, mobile, video and affiliate
- Well versed in Amazon Media activation
- Coordinates efforts across different digital media channels to drive optimized recommendations
- Continuously evaluate and improve upon all digital media opportunities
- Attend to client meetings as needed, interface as needed with executive level and middle management level on client side during meetings and presentations
- Participates in building and evolving the PM practice, vision and areas of expertise
Team Leadership & Development
- Embraces and encourages a culture based on team work, collaboration, and intellectual curiosity
- Motivates, leads, and manages internal teams, working collaboratively to drive programs that meet our clients’ performance and business objectives
- Drives adoption of stated account management best practices through example setting, positive reinforcement and behavioral correction
- Assists in interviewing, hiring, training, mentoring, developing, and evaluating team members
- Conducts performance reviews and career path plans for direct reports
- Provide training in cross media planning to their directs reports
- Facilitates the development and documentation of best practices for improving operational efficiencies within the team and the group
- Bachelor’s degree, concentration in business, marketing, or advertising preferred
- 5-7 years of account management experience in online advertising, direct marketing, SEM, or e-commerce; client and agency experience preferred
- 3 years of demonstrated success in managing and leading people
- 2-4 years of digital marketing preferred with desirable focus on search engines, display and/or social media
- Experience in managing an organization
- Demonstrated understanding of online marketing principles
- High competency level in MS Office with specific strengths in Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to work independently and balance multiple tasks
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.