Business Value Analyst Scout
Indianapolis for training / Chicago and Atlanta are permanent locations.
Salesforce Business Value Services (BVS) is closely aligned with the North America Sales organization, directly supporting sales pursuits within our top accounts. Our primary focus is to directly engage with customer executive teams to help articulate the tangible, strategic, and financial impact that our platform can deliver to their organizations. Ultimately, we prepare provocative and visionary business proposals for CEOs, General Managers, and CxOs/SVPs of our most strategic customers. We develop these business cases to articulate the value proposition of our platform for Boards of Directors and Chief Financial Officers to support capital appropriation requests for transformational investments in our cloud solutions.
We are looking for highly talented, inquisitive, creative and passionate individuals who can articulate to customers how Salesforce solutions will enable them to meet their key strategic and financial objectives, help address their most business critical challenges, and enable rapid growth, scalability, and dexterity.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- Develop and deliver compelling business case presentations and financial models aimed at identifying, accelerating, justifying, and/or expanding sales opportunities
- Create executive level presentations
- Support key opportunities either by working in tandem with senior BVS leaders or by leading the engagement from initial discovery through executive presentations
- Work closely with prospective and existing customers, alongside sales and other functions, to identify, prioritize and quantify key business drivers and metrics, and help customers understand how our solutions will help them achieve their strategic and financial goals
- Prepare thought-provoking executive proposals to engage customers in long-term business relationships
- Identify target operational and financial metrics impacted by potential solution(s) and then use these metrics to develop Return on Investment / Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) models in excel to quantify the strategic value of the Salesforce platform
- Assist in the development and delivery of custom proposals and deal structures
- Facilitate internal and external discovery to map out customers' "as is" and "to be" business processes across a wide range of companies and industries with the goal of identifying and prioritizing key business value drivers
- Provide thought leadership, training, and consultative partnering with sales and other teams throughout and beyond the sales cycle
- Deliver both quantitative and qualitative analysis in support of targeted opportunities
- BA/BS degree from a top university (within 1 year of graduation or graduating May/June 2019) in a quantitative field (e.g. Business, finance, economics, math, engineering, marketing, or related areas).
- Internship experience, ideally in consultative, strategic, and analytical customer-facing roles
- Strategic thinker that enjoys helping customers "cross the chasm" from current state to future state
- Strong executive presence and presentation / facilitation skills, comfortable collaborating with and presenting to C-suite executives, including poised, confident objection handling abilities
- Creative, high energy, entrepreneurial self-starter comfortable running initiatives and programs independently within a "start up-paced" technology company
- Thrive in working collaboratively and cross-functionally, particularly with Sales, Marketing, Solution Engineering, Pricing, Partners and other key partners
- Deep quantitative analysis and financial modeling skills, with proven business insight and judgment
- Experience in creating executive level decks that articulate key findings and takeaways in a succinct, impactful manner
- Experience in a Sales environment / interacting with Sales teams preferred
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform, and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners, and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Over the last 10 years, Salesforce.org has become a vital part of Salesforce's culture. The vision of the Salesforce.org is to use Salesforce people, technology and relationships to improve our communities. Using a unique 1/1/1 model - 1% time, 1% product and 1% equity - we contribute the core strengths of salesforce to our communities. The nonprofits in our communities inspire us. Our employees inspire us. By giving employees seven paid days per year to volunteer, salesforce encourages you to contribute to nonprofits you are passionate about and help those organizations grow and prosper. Our volunteers read to children, mentor youth, feed the homeless, build playgrounds and clean up beaches, help nonprofits implement Salesforce—and much, much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and greatly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.