- Responsible for managing, planning and performing Sarbanes-Oxley internal control assessments. Includes the design, implementation, coordination, and testing of the existing internal control framework. Also requires an extensive partnership with the business and control process owners to continually adapt the control environment to Mercury's dynamic business environment. On a quarterly basis, the IA manager will partner with the IA director to present the Company's SOX assessment progress and results to the Board of Directors.
- Collaborate with business operations to manage, plan, organize and perform physical inventory audits and review periodic cycle count results. In addition, will partner with operations to drive business process standardization across the enterprise in areas that include inventory management and procurement.
- Perform acquisition due diligence duties including testing physical inventory and assessing the effectiveness of a target's internal control environment.
- Execute post-acquisition activities, working with the IA director, to evaluate, design and establish internal controls over newly acquired businesses. Then working with the newly acquired businesses to ensure effective implementation.
- Manage and perform internal operational audits to drive business improvements and process efficiencies.
- Due to the geographical makeup and active acquisition strategy, occasional domestic and international travel will be required.
Required Skills and Education:
- At least 9 years of total internal audit experience with at least 3 years of proven experience as an IA manager or
- At least 4 years of public accounting experience and at least 4 years of IA experience, with at least 3 years of proven experience as an IA manager
- Managing and performing Sarbanes-Oxley 404 assessments including designing, implementing and testing internal controls, and drafting year-end assessment memos
- Managing and performing internal operational audits (i.e. business process reviews and assessments)
- Managing and mentoring staff
Preferred Application Proficiencies:
- self-motivator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- firm understanding of Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, COSO 2013 and Auditing Standard No. 5
- knowledge of accounting best practices
- ability to master industry standards and keep abreast of internal audit requirements and best practices
- excellent critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- strong organizational and project management skills; high attention to detail
- strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- BS in Accounting
- Oracle, SOXHUB, ADP Vantage
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or a "U.S. Person". A U.S. Person is defined as a person who is a lawful permanent resident "Green Card holder" as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101 (a)(20) or who is a "Protected Individual" as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Mercury Systems is a leading commercial provider of secure processing subsystems designed and made in the USA. Optimized for customer and mission success, Mercury's solutions power a wide variety of critical defense and intelligence programs. Headquartered in Chelmsford, Mass., Mercury is pioneering a next-generation defense electronics business model specifically designed to meet the industry's current and emerging technology needs. To learn more, visit www.mrcy.com.
We are proud to be an EOE of Minorities/ Females/ Vets/ Disabilities. If you have a disability and need an accommodation to apply to any job opening please email email@example.com or call 978-967-1174.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled