MECHANICAL ENGINEERING & CONSTRUCTION, CORPORATION
HOURLY JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Piping Mechanic Department: Construction
Grade: Mechanic Supervisor: Foreman
Directly responsible for and have experience with all phases of central plant construction
including boiler, chiller, and cooling tower installation, coil connections, pumps, and heat
- Read plans to perform necessary work
- Perform layout
- Maintain a complete set of tools
- Responsible for company assets used on job site
- Make purchases at local supply houses following Company procedure
- Hold a valid driver license
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of a four-year apprenticeship in specified field preferred.
- Journeyman gasfitter’s license
- Minimum two+ years of commercial piping experience as a mechanic.
- Experience with control valve, two-way valve, and three-way valve installation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Able to run projects.
- Ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents
- Able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions and
approaches to problems
- Complete knowledge of hydronic piping including copper pipe, soldering and brazing,
and screw/weld pipe fabrication.
- Able to pass sample weld and brazing test, if required
- Able to perform mathematical calculations
- Knowledge of tools and equipment needed to complete a job
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Must have the ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Spend long periods of time standing
- Ability to climb ladders to perform work
- Work in high elevations
Job Type: Full-time