- High School Diploma or GED
- Microsoft Office
- Legal Research
Arlington,Virginia,United States CABPNC
This Paralegal position is based in Boeing’s Arlington, VA office and resides within the Law Department in support of post-Government/Military employment Conflict of Interest reviews.
Job responsibilities include:
- Work with Boeing Global Staffing to conduct pre-employment Conflict of Interest reviews to determine possible hiring restrictions based on post-Government employment restrictions, contractual restrictions, potential FCPA issues, etc. in consultation with and under the guidance of the Law Department’s Chief Counsel, Ethics and Compliance;
- Conduct Conflict of Interest research on: Federal, State and Local employment restrictions and employee codes of conduct, Boeing contracts, and determining Boeing responsible attorneys;
- Perform legal, legislative, and factual research utilizing specialized software (e.g., Lexis/Nexis), the Internet, the Boeing Intranet, and other legal applications to compile information related to federal, state, and local regulations and case law and to assess Boeing’s responsibility and liability under the law in compliance with established Law Department procedures;
- Draft, review, and revise documents for accuracy and compliance with Boeing’s policies and procedures and applicable federal, state, and local laws; - Act as liaison to coordinate, expedite and process communication, correspondence and documentation with outside the responsible attorney and other Boeing personnel;
- Perform other tasks as required.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and/or resume.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Typical Education / Experience:
High school diploma or GED and typically 4 or more years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Experience in a law firm, corporate compliance or governmental setting
- Experience conducting Conflict of Interest research on Federal, State and Local employment restrictions
- Experience conducting Pre-Employment Conflict of Interest reviews
- Familiarity with U.S. Government job classification structure
- Proficiency using legal research databases (Lexis/Nexis, Westlaw) and the Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Highly flexible, organized, and willing to assist with a wide variety of tasks simultaneously
- A high level of professionalism and attention to detail
- Able to take direction and work well in a team setting with a positive, can-do attitude
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent project management, prioritization, oral and written communication skills
Yes, 10 % of the Time GENERAL COUNSEL Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company