Dignity Health Woodland Memorial Hospital is Yolo County's largest health care provider, serving the community since 1905. Woodland Memorial Hospital is a 108-bed acute care facility offering the most comprehensive range of health care services in Yolo County, including inpatient and outpatient surgical services, family birth center/labor and delivery, emergency services, sleep disorders center and cancer care services. Woodland Memorial Hospital is part of Dignity Health. Dignity Health is a 21-state network of nearly 11,000 physicians, 56,000 employees, and more than 300 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging centers, home health, and primary care clinics. For more information, please visit our web site at www.dignityhealth.org/woodland .
This position assists the RN Coordinator in planning patient care. The RN functions as a member of the nursing team; and performs established nursing procedures and related duties as required. Responsible to Nursing Coordinator. Assist with all RN related duties including but not limited to therapy supervision, documentation and quality assurance. Work directly with the Adult Day Health Center's Nursing Program Aides. Will interact with all staff, vendors, participants, visitors, and volunteers.
1. Ensure medical care is delivered as prescribed via MD orders and established plan of care in accordance with Title 22 adult day health care regulations.
2. Observe and collect data regarding the physical and emotional conditions of participants.
3. Accurately document and organize data on flow sheets.
4. Inform RN Coordinator of any changes in participant conditions.
5. Review all care plans and assist RN in planning participant care.
6. Carries out all MD orders.
7. Assume RN Coordinator responsibilities in absence of RN Coordinator
8. Positive interaction with participants and families.
9. Facilitates problem solving.
10. Assists with orienting and monitoring staff and student interns.
11. Complies with all agency policies and procedures.
Valid California Registered Nursing license. CPR and First Aide certification. One year recent skilled nursing experience preferred.
Knowledge of: Comprehensive nursing care which includes clinical disease entities, the physical assessment skills required for initial and follow-up appraisal on all assigned participants, the treatments, specialized diets, and preventative aspects concerning each
participant, additional direct participant care services which ensures the safety, comfort and protection of participants.
Ability to: Provide the usual performances indicated for disease prevention and restorative measures, ability to document professional nursing services provided with a realistic plan for reaching short term and long range goals, able to make decisions regarding safety needs of participants including adequate equipment and able to respond to emergency medical incidences.
Physically able to walk, stand, stoop, lift, drive, transfer participants, good manual dexterity, visual and auditory ability.