At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
What is your mission?
As an Electrical Engineer Intern you will develop solutions to technical problems of varying complexity, perform in a team environment and work under the general direction of a group lead. Individual directly supports activities involving the handling, assembly, disassembly, testing and repair of hardware, ordnance hardware and supporting equipment.
What will you be working on?
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer intern to support manufacturing and test of the Trident II D5 Missile. The intern will be located in Kings Bay Georgia at the US Navy’s Strategic Weapons Facility Atlantic (SWFLANT).
In this role you will work with engineers who:
- Work on missile hardware and associated electrical support equipment
- Collaborate with senior engineers to plan, implement, test document and maintain solutions for the integration and testing of in-house developed hardware, commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) components and associated system/subsystem level components
- Work directly with functional and technical specifications and standards, solve hardware/software interface problems, define input/output parameters and ensure proper system/subsystem level performance.
- Develop and execute detailed troubleshooting plans based upon circuit analysis and missile subsystem/subsystem level interface knowledge and analysis
- Review, evaluate and derive technical requirements for missile/component level testing
- Develop and direct preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for missile system and subsystem level testing
- Coordinate missile/subsystem testing activities and discrepancy analysis with design engineers and other organizations
- Perform analysis of test results and prepare comprehensive system/subsystem level evaluation reports which verify and validate system performance
- Write discrepancy report and perform integration/regression testing to verify/validate incorporate fixes to hardware and software
- Test data management and reporting duties as required
- This position required an Interim Secret Clearance prior to starting. US Citizenship Required.
Who will you collaborate with?
- You will work with a team of talented personnel and supervisors. Along with project leaders and other personnel in the section or group.
Actively enrolled in a Electrical or other related degree program from an accredited college/university.
This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen.
- Knowledge of JAVA or C or C++ programming languages
- Ability to read, understand and interpret electrical and electromechanical schematics
- Basic knowledge and experience with Electrical Engineering theory and applications, analog electronics, digital electronics, measurement equipment (DMM, oscilloscope etc.), signal measurement software and associated practical applications
- Basic circuit design skills with hands on experience
- Experience with RF and other wireless communication systems
- Familiarity of Linux, Unix and Windows based Operating Systems
- Experience with database management activities
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.