TITLE: Admission Coordinator
ACCOUNTABILITY: Administrator/ Corporate Members
To establish and maintain the highest standards of hospitality and welcoming services to potential residents, their families and outside referral sources with the goal of census growth and resident satisfaction
To maintain organized and proficient records to expedite the admission process.
To initiate and develop relationships in the community with the goal of directly or indirectly influencing the census.
To coordinate in-house marketing events with community organizations and professional groups; senior citizen organizations, church groups and non-profit agencies; maintain a favorable reputation with physicians, hospitals and social service agencies in cooperation with the Director of Community Relations
Ensure completion and regulatory compliance of all resident admission documents
Maintain a professional and caring disposition in cooperation with the Mission Statement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain regulatory compliance within the guidelines of the Department of Human Services for all admissions and required paperwork
- Administration designee – in absence of administrator
- Understand, maintain and cooperate with corporate Quality Assurance/ Loss Prevention Programs
- Development of Admissions policies and procedures
- Participate in marketing meetings with Director of Community Relations and other Administrative staff to review Census Development Plan as requested
- Inform DCR and respective departments of bed availability on a daily basis, including pending admissions and pending discharges
- Guide prospective residents and their families through the admissions process including but not limited to: answering inquiry phone calls, giving tours, performing preadmission evaluations, assisting residents and families in the completion of necessary admission paperwork, communication with prospective resident physicians, social service agencies and other medical providers
- Ensure all departments are well informed of resident admission, date, expected time of arrival, care needs, medication and outside agency services, etc.
- Participate in the initial development of the resident care plan with assistance of Director of Wellness, family and physician orders
- Ensure the daily cleanliness of all vacant suits for “show ready” status. Set up show rooms as necessary for impression sales. Walk through daily for overall cleanliness of social areas and lounges. Notify, in writing, the respective department heads and Administrator of any deficiencies
- Notify dietary department in writing of all scheduled luncheon tours and in house marketing events
- Assist with answering the telephone and addressing visitors and residents inquiring at front desk
- Establish relationship immediately for families with the DOW. Refer any resident health or level of care concerns voiced by residents and/or families to the DOW in writing. CC: to Administrator
- Unresolved financial concerns voiced by residents or families should immediately be directed to the administrator
- Establish a system for documentation and follow-up of all inquiries. Refer all inactive referrals to DCR for after hour follow-up
- Maintain resident, employee and corporate confidentiality standards
- Perform other functions that may be assigned by Administrator or Corporate members
- Maintain system documentation for all inquiries/ admissions. Input information to EMR system
Ability to work at least 8-10 hours per day. Participate in weekend rotation as scheduled. Understanding that evening and weekend admissions may occur and that tending to such shall be a shared responsibility of DCR, Administrator and Director of Admissions
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year