Program Director of Rehabilitation/ RN
Medical Center of Southeast Texas - Port Arthur, TX
Leadership of Therapy & Nursing Staff
Kindred Rehabilitation Services is the largest diversified provider of rehabilitation therapy in the country. Through RehabCare and Kindred Hospital Rehabilitation Services, we provide leading therapy to more than 2,000 sites of service across different settings in the care continuum and have been managing rehab for more than 30 years. We provide rehabilitation services, including physical, occupational and speech-language therapies to virtually every care setting including inpatient, outpatient, skilled nursing, home health, long-term acute care and assisted living. With locations across 47 states, we are certain to have a rehab job for you.
Your career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients and residents. Opportunities through our development programs, training seminars and university partnerships, not only allow for continual career growth but emphasize our commitment to investing in our employees and developing future healthcare leaders.
The goal of our team is to focus on each patient as an individual to ensure that we are meeting their clinical needs and creating a fun and dynamic healing environment. Each employee’s dedication is essential to meet and exceed the needs of each patient, resident and family we serve. Ranked as one of Fortune magazine’s “Most Admired Healthcare Company” for 8 years, Kindred welcomes you to join our team and build a career that touches lives.
The incumbent may be responsible and accountable for and contribute to program development, quality improvement, problem solving, community education, and productivity enhancement in a flexible interdisciplinary fashion.
1. Ensure for program staffing team supervision and development.
2. Monitor team members competency, licenses/certifications, and memberships in applicable professional organizations.
3. Coordinate the development of team members through structured activities.
4. Communicate and demonstrate a professional image/attitude for patients, families, clients, coworkers and others.
5. Promote adherence to policies and practices of applicable professional organizations, client and Kindred Hospital Rehab Services.
6. Contribute to client relations and community education activities.
7. Assures that all patient care activities are performed according to the company policies and procedures and all applicable state and federal laws and regulatory agencies.
8. Participate in coordination of facility quality management and program evaluation activities.
9. Participate in survey preparation activities
10. Interact with assigned program consultant.
11. Participate in facility safety committee activities.
12. Manage the delivery of high quality care in the most cost effective manner.
13. Coordinate treatment activity between disciplines and team members
14. Full accountability for completing budget and analyzing P&L monthly to ensure hitting target metrics.
15. Responsible for complete oversight of admitting patients and ensuring they meet IRF Criteria based on CMS guidelines.
16. Coordinate program promotional and business development activities by interacting with MD's, the community and case managers to educate on our services and program.
As a Program Director you will have:
At minimum be a graduate of a four year bachelor degree program
Registered Nurse (RN) (CRRN)
A track record of successful management experience in an Acute Rehabilitation Unit (or like experience) coupled with strong business, interpersonal, organizational and entrepreneurial skill is necessary
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee Click Here.