We are an innovative and prominent real estate tax firm that assists businesses, community associations, and homeowners throughout Illinois in reducing their property taxes. We have a team of nearly 30 experienced attorneys, valuation analysts, and administrative staff who go above and beyond to obtain the lowest taxes possible for every client.
We are looking for a part time Law Clerk to provide administrative support to the property tax appeal process as well as respond to manager and attorney requests.
You might be a student wanting to learn more about real estate and/or the legal industry. Or maybe you have a job in the evenings and are looking for a role with flexible hours within the normal work day/work week. You have a high attention to detail and like to handle matters quickly, correctly, and efficiently. You’ll want to help others get their work accomplished and will be eager to learn about our business along the way!
- Assist in the copy room with scanning, printing, filing, and docketing of our appeals.
- Assist with data entry into our case management system when scanning documents
- Provide administrative support to our production team from generating templated documents to assisting with mailing of client documents.
- Assist in preparing appeal documents for all appeal levels
- File and pick up various appeal documents with the Cook county Assessor, Board of Review and Treasurer’s office (downtown office)
- Special projects or research as assigned from the Production Manager or Attorneys
- Assist in linking emails to the internal case management software
- Prepare SPO 250 packages
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ability to organize projects using tools (spreadsheets, checklists, procedures) to ensure completion of the project in an orderly and efficient manner
- Ability to multi-task
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Attention to details with accurate data entry skills
- Ability to work under pressure within established deadlines
- Can work a flexible 10-15-hour work week
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- High School Graduate
- 0-2 years of experience supporting a legal office or working in the legal industry
- Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
Hours per week: