Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA), the fastest growing non-luxury brand in the United States, is seeking an experienced Sr. Tax Analyst to provide lead support to ensure timely compliance with federal and state requirements related to income tax, franchise, property, licensing, and other tax matters for MMNA and subsidiaries. Assist in federal and state income and franchise tax audits of MMNA and subsidiaries. Prepare income tax provisions and monthly income tax reconciliations for MMNA and subsidiaries. Assist in compliance with internal and external audit requirements and implementation of controls associated with tax matters.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Prepare year-end and quarterly income tax provisions for entities that require complex analysis and documentation.
2. Prepare year-end, monthly and other internal reports to MMC.
3. Prepare monthly tax account reconciliations and journal entries.
4. Prepare and/or review consolidated federal, federal proforma and state tax returns for MMNA and subsidiaries.
5. Prepare allocation and apportionment workpapers and supporting schedules required in state tax return preparation.
6. Review and/or prepare federal and state combined, consolidated or separate extensions for MMNA and subsidiaries.
7. Calculate and prepare quarterly estimated tax payments for MMNA and subsidiaries.
8. Prepare federal excise tax and state license returns. Obtain updated officers and directors listing monthly or more frequently as needed.
9. Prepare property tax renditions for MMNA and subsidiaries (includes tooling retained by manufacturing) in various states.
10. Review assessed property taxes based on renditions filed with assessors and ensure timely payment of real and personal property taxes.
11. Update SAGE FAS for additions and disposals and coordinate with IT on installing system updates.
12. Update GEAC for the proper tax basis and/or new rates to compute depreciation for MMNA including tooling.
13. Assist in the reconciliation of the tooling schedule versus SAGE listing and update SAGE location of the assets based on actual location.
14. Generate various tax depreciation reports to calculate the timing difference for tax return preparation.
15. Coordinate with various departments to ensure compliance with other federal laws, e.g. 1099 reporting, completion of Forms 8300, 1042, FINCEN, and other requirements that may be imposed by tax agencies.
16. Manage tax calendar and ensure that deadlines are complied with.
17. Prepare claims for tax refunds, maintain tax records, and prepare routine and special tax reports.
18. Assist in federal, state and local income franchise and property and tax audits.
19. Assist in internal and external tax audits and compliance with internal controls.
20. Coordinate roll over of information in the Tax Software from year to year and transition of information in cases of new software installation
- Five - seven years professional-level corporate tax experience as a Tax Accountant or equivalent position preparing combined and consolidated federal and state income tax returns.
- BS/BA in Accounting/Business/Finance or related field.
- Accounting experience with a “big 4” firm preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) status.
- Advanced knowledge of Corptax or equivalent tax return preparation software
- Experience in deferred tax accounting and knowledge of GAAP requirements related to tax issues.
Mitsubishi Motors North America is responsible for the manufacturing, distributing and marketing of Mitsubishi brand sedans and crossover utility vehicles through a network of hundreds of dealers throughout the United States. When you join Mitsubishi Motors North America, you’ll be part of a team that is committed to continuous investment in innovative new technologies, attractive design and product development, bringing exciting and authentic new vehicles to customers around the world.