Encyclopædia Britannica is a global educational publisher with products that promote knowledge and learning. We provide timely, relevant, and trustworthy information and instructional products used in schools, universities, homes, libraries, and workplaces throughout the world. Britannica's mission is the same today as it's been since its first encyclopedia was published in 1768: to create products that inspire confidence, with content people can trust.
1. Work on Brazilian Portuguese-language digital products for school market 75%
- Edit texts in conformity with Britannica’s international editorial guidelines
- Maintain (revise and update) Britannica’s own Portuguese-language databases
- Write or commission new content
- Manage specific new projects as needed
- Interact with customers for feedback on product use and features
- Identify and maintain file of qualified independent reviewers/consultants
2. Manage international editorial projects with EB licensing/distribution partners 15%
- Handle daily communication between EB and international project managers or editors for assigned projects
- Coordinate editorial quality control activities for each project to ensure compliance with Britannica editorial standards and international editorial guidelines
- Coordinate review of product and marketing materials for each product
- Monitor and advance project schedule as per relative contract
3. Review Portuguese-language marketing materials 5%
4. Prepare project status report bi-weekly and compile other reports as
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS: Education/Training: Bachelor’s degree required; MA in Portuguese preferred
Experience: Editorial/Publishing or Teaching experience preferred
Brazilian Portuguese language fluency (excellent/near native) required
Excellent English-language communication skills
Familiarity and ease with digital technology and digital instructional products
Strong project-management skills and organizational skills
Ability to multi-task and change focus as needed, when priorities change and evolve
Good editing and writing skills and attention to detail
Excellent people/diplomatic skills
Experience with Word, Excel; fluency, or the ability to learn quickly, computer software and editorial tools.
How To Apply:
You must be able to work in Chicago without visa sponsorship. No international relocation available.
Encyclopaedia Britannica is located in the River North neighborhood and is convenient to public transportation.
Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran. This policy of non-discrimination and affirmative action applies to all levels of employment and to all employment practices
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year