Catholic Near East Welfare Association (CNEWA) is all about transforming compassion into action and providing hope to those in need. Across the Middle East, Northeast Africa, India and Eastern Europe, CNEWA is hard at work in places where war and poverty shatter innocent lives. Long after others have left, we are there providing consistency and hope to the Catholic Eastern churches and the communities they serve, regardless of faith. We are privileged and humbled to part of this special mission. Our work is a personal calling and we like to hear from you, if you have the calling to transform lives.
CNEWA is currently seeking a driven and dynamic Institutional Giving Manager who is responsible for soliciting support for CNEWA from foundations and corporations, with a particular focus on Catholic institutions and organizations.
Principal responsibilities of the Institutional Giving Manager include but are not exclusive to:
· Identifies new potential supporters, writing letters of inquiry, developing and submitting grant proposals, and stewardship of ongoing relationships.
· Collaborates closely with colleagues to gain the necessary knowledge of programs to effectively communicate with funders through proposals, reports, meetings, and visits. Keeps up to date on funding trends and priorities relevant to CNEWA.
· Identifies, researches and cultivates prospects to build a 1 to 3 year pipeline of new institutional donors.
· Creates and drives a tracking system to ensure timely submission of LOI’s, proposals, reports, and requests to meet funder requirements and grant compliance.
· Prepares proposals and grant applications in accordance with grantor preferences and guidelines; stewards grant submissions, adhering to the grant tracking calendar.
· Monitors grant status and ensures the submission of progress and final reports.
· Provide donors with updates year-round, particularly as a means to continue cultivating increased commitment to the work of CNEWA.
· 2-4 years’ experience in grant writing with proven ability to write clear, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
· Ability to measure and assess fund-raising initiatives with metrics and performance goals.
· Excellent writing, editing, research, and presentation skills.
· Deadline driven.
· Able to effectively work independently.
· Great organizational skills and attention to detail; proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet multiple deadlines.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with teammates, donors and other key stakeholders.
· Required to travel primarily at the domestic level, meeting with donors.
· Must possess inclusive world view and an understanding of the religious, cultural and social environments of the countries and people served by CNEWA.
· Passion for CNEWA’s international mission.
If you share these interests and a passion for advancing CNEWA’s humanitarian and pastoral programs, please send us your cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
CNEWA is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. We bring our world into your world online and in social media every day.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)