Job Posting: Associate Accountant
Painter Bros seeks qualified, high energy, dynamic Associate Accountant.
In this role, you will be responsible for AR, AP, payroll, and collections. You will work with our estimators, general managers, and customers to ensure all billing is completed.
You will submit payroll each pay period and pay all sub-contractors.
You will generate weekly reports and supervise all accounts to identify unresolved debts. You will follow-up on overdue accounts and implement effective collection techniques as necessary.
This position reports to our Financial Analyst.
We are a rapidly growing franchise company and desire someone who thrives in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Uses Customer Tracking Sheet to ensure accuracy of deposit received, project start and finish date, and final payment date.
- Maintains records of all customer transactions
- Invoices all customers, sends invoices through Quickbooks
- Contacts each customer to ensure they received invoice; confirms via text message.
- Keeps list of outstanding customers, sends reminders, adds late fees as necessary
- Supervises all accounts to identify unresolved debts. Follows up with clients on overdue accounts. Implements effective collection techniques.
- Initiates pre-liens and liens as needed to ensure payments.
- Works with General Manager on all hours for employees and sub-contractors, creates job costing reports.
- Creates and maintains calendar for General Manager, noting all upcoming renewals with regards to licensing, certifications, and registrations. Reviews with GM on a monthly basis.
- Confirms all new hire documents are complete and submits to payroll vendor.
- Prepares and keeps reports up to date for Owners, Managers, and Estimators
- High school diploma plus two years of college in accounting discipline required; four-year college degree preferred. At least two years of work experience in accounting/related fields.
- Rich work experience and background in a similar industry in lieu of education may be considered.
- Extremely organized and meticulous at record-keeping
- Strong general math and data entry skills
- Great at managing time and responsibilities
- Adept at resolving discrepancies
- Professional and discreet demeanor with regards to sensitive information
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- Advanced user level in Excel
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)