Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World.
At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
This position is focused on the development and management of marketing and engagement channel programs to support Underwriters Laboratories Inc., the not-for-profit entity within the UL Enterprise (UL NFP). The Digital Marketing Insights Specialist will develop and deliver accurate, timely, and relevant marketing data analysis and insights to help inform communications and engagement strategies and execution plans, with a keen focus on our ability to attract and grow the value of contacts from the top of the funnel through conversion. This role requires a mix of business acumen and technical expertise, along with the communication and interpersonal skills to build strong relationships across functional roles and organizational groups.
The ideal candidate will be an inquisitive learner with an ability to analyze information from a variety of data sources, identify opportunities, confidently share findings and recommendations, and partner across the organization to develop and implement strategies to improve engagement performance. Working under the guidance of our Strategy & Marketing Director, and in collaboration with stakeholders across functional areas, the analyst will develop processes and/or systems to assess and improve performance and stakeholder segmentation for strategic topics as well as collect, analyze, and demonstrate marketing effectiveness, across social media, digital and web.. This may involve analysis across a broad range of market segments, industry and service offerings, and engagement initiatives. S/he is able to keep abreast of best practices and industry trends.
DIGITAL MARKETING OPTIMIZATION & STRATEGIC RECOMMENDATIONS
- Drive consistency in reporting and analysis across the UL NFP, reinforce processes, increasing visibility & enhancing accountability of contributor teams
- Collect, synthesize and analyze campaign performance data and provide actionable insights that drive engagement and growth
- Create clear, executive-level reporting on a regular basis that provides clarity into the performance of online campaigns to the rest of the marketing team and organization leadership.
- Design and implement campaign attribution models to track campaign ROI
- Integrate data from PR and social media/digital channels into campaign analytics to provide a well-rounded picture of marketing channel effectiveness
- Leverage data and results to recommend continuous improvement and actionable insights
- Develop compelling presentations and dashboards to illustrate data and define insights
- Review results and work with campaign owners to identify improvements within the overall go-to-market approaches with particular attention to driving engagement from the top to the bottom of the funnel
- Maintain relationships with counterparts throughout the enterprise to support alignments and sharing of best practices
- Evaluate existing content to identify SEO and engagement opportunities, weaknesses and gaps and provides strategic recommendations
- Conduct research to provide creative solutions and new strategic perspectives based on first party insight
- Monitors digital trends and advancing technologies to identify opportunities for growth and expansion.
- Conduct Keyword research on behalf of specific groups, develop strategies for prioritization of keyword targets and provide recommendations for maximizing relevant organic and paid search traffic.
- Teach and coach less experienced communications professionals on areas such as paid search campaigns, organic search optimization, keyword strategies, paid social media marketing, optimization on social media platforms, and optimizing engagement with digital content.
- BS/BA degree in marketing, data analytics, or related fields with minimum 3-5 years’ experience in digital marketing analytics and optimization.
- Proficiency in data management, analysis, and report construction to measure and analyze the effectiveness of communications and marketing efforts
- Experience teaching and influencing others to drive improved results
- Expert level command of Microsoft Excel (or equivalent software) to construct, blend, and analyze various data sources
- Experience in use of any preferred BI analysis and reporting software and statistical software
- Experience in a B2B professional services environment or not-for-profit organization
- Ability to conceptually grasp technical and scientific issues and to translate complex information for non-scientific and non-technical audiences
- Proficiency with digital marketing and optimization tools and platforms , including search and social platforms
- Strong capabilities and proven experience engaging and influencing senior leaders
- Top-notch communication skills
- Values innovation and flexibility, is proactive, motivated and a self-starter
- Proven ability to lead and influence, especially across teams, in virtual environments and where there are not direct reporting lines
- Think strategically, execute programs against timelines and meet commitments. #CB