Amazon Redshift is a fast, scalable data warehouse that makes it simple and cost-effective for our customers to analyze data across their data warehouse and data lakes. Redshift delivers ten times faster performance than other data warehouses by using machine learning, massively parallel query execution, and columnar storage on high-performance disk.
As the Manager of Software Development (Query Processing), you will be responsible for leading a group of top talent in the design and development of a product that allows for the setup and deployment of new data warehouses in minutes, and running queries across petabytes of data stored in data warehouses.
Joining the Amazon Redshift team gives you the opportunity to:
- Work on a disruptive product that’s still in its early stages
- Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
- Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
- Work for a company that’s a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
- Be involved in the fast growing, big data space
- Growing and leading a data warehouse software development team responsible for rethinking the assumptions behind how traditional DW services are built and thinking how to build database services best suited for the cloud.
- You will develop the design, implementation, testing and deployment of these services.
- You will draw from your deep and broad technical and management expertise to mentor senior engineers and managers, complete hands-on technical work and provide leadership on complex technical issues, design tradeoffs, and feature and schedule prioritization.
- This is one of our most strategic technical projects with a long-term vision and an opportunity to deliver both significant business and industry-wide technical impact.
- As an engineering leader within Database Services, you will work with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influence our technical and business strategy, help hire talented engineers and managers, and conceive innovative new solutions for our customers.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
8+ years of experience in software engineering
6+ years’ experience managing people
A leadership position in a team delivering database kernel, virtualized storage, distributed systems or operating systems
Experience with parallel query optimization and execution, large scale data analytics, highly available/fault tolerant systems, replicated data storage, and operating complex services running in the cloud are all pluses.
Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering with a minimum of 10 years of relevant software development and engineering management experience
Work experience delivering one or more version one products, ideally in a startup setting
Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
**Amazon and its subsidiaries ("Amazon") are equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, political ideology, ancestry, the presence of any physical, sensory or mental disabilities, or other legally protected status.**