At York Hospital, we're more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a Hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers' commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
York Hospital, we are a Community. For Life.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Registered Nurse. This is a per diem, float position working in York Hospital Physician Practices.
The RN will be responsible for the following:
- Performing various data entry and information retrieval tasks using computerized patient record systems.
- Performing initial patient work-ups, including showing patient to exam room, taking personal and medical histories, taking blood pressure and pulse readings, measuring height and weight etc. and entering it into the EMR.
- Prepare and ensure proper handling of lab specimens such as cultures and send to lab.
- Administer medications per provider direction.
- Screen, sort, and distribute imaging and lab reports. Enter labs in patient health record.
In order to continue to provide exceptional patient/customer experiences, we will need you to have the following:
- Minimum (1) or more years of Medical Office RN experience.
- Experience with computerized medical records
- Strong oral communication skills
- State of Maine, NH or Compact RN License and BLS Certification