Game master (store associate) and/or In-Room Actor at an Escape Room
Time to Escape is an established escape room business with two locations in Atlanta - one in Downtown Atlanta and the other in Brookhaven. We are looking for a store associate (in escape room terms: game master) as well as a store associate/in-room actor (combo position for those who have experience in acting) to run our escape room experiences, provide customer service, and perform other regular job duties as assigned by the manager. The overall position will take place at both Atlanta locations. The combo position hours will come from primarily store associate and some from acting. The overall position will start as a part time work. The work hours are primarily during the evenings and on weekends, with occasional day time weekday hours. On-call hours during the week and some during the weekend are possible.
Other regular duties include customer service, answering phones, cleaning, providing clues to the customers and resetting the rooms after the customers leave. The most important part of this job is to create a fun experience for our customers. Personality is a must as this position is highly oriented towards interacting with customers. Creative skills like art, graphic design, and writing are all also pluses.
Learning opportunities include: puzzle design, art creation, writing, and being part of a growing startup business.
Requirements for Consideration:
- Cover letter/statement of interest
- Business Resume
- Acting Resume (for those who are applying for the combo position)
Compensation: $10/hr when working as a Gamemaster or not running an actor centered room, $20/hr (this rate is a temporary "Covid-19" rate) when running an actor centered room.
Time to Escape has eight escape rooms across two Atlanta locations with two permanent actor centered escape rooms: "Al Capone's Speakeasy" in Brookhaven and "The Grand Zeppelin" in Downtown Atlanta, GA.
- Brookhaven Role: the bartender in the "Al Capone's Speakeasy" escape room; the role is set in this Speakeasy, called "Club Lucky", circa 1929 in Chicago; James has been working for Al Capone for years - and is in too deep; the players in the escape room are undercover agents, and over the course of the escape room's 60 minute length, the players through their actions must make James "flip" to their side so the players can find evidence to put Capone away for good; note: a Chicago accent would be a plus, but not necessary.
- Downtown Role: the co-pilot character in our "The Grand Zeppelin" escape room, in our downtown Atlanta location; the players in this escape room are traveling on the Zeppelin in 1914 and there are saboteurs among the players, who will secretly have their own agenda to complete; note: a British accent or a UK accent is required.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $10.00 - $15.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Our staff will follow social distancing guidelines and wear a face covering during all customer interactions, disposable gloves are provided during interactions with customers. Escape rooms are sanitized after each customer interaction.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Are you applying to the store associate part of the job or the combo store associate/in-room actor part of the job? How many years of Acting experience do you have?
- Why are you interested in this job?
- How many years of Acting experience do you have? (for those applying for combo position)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)