American Advisors Group (AAG) is the nation’s leader in reverse mortgage lending, licensed to operate in 49 states. The company, founded in 2004 by CEO Reza Jahangiri, is headquartered in Orange, CA. We are dedicated to helping American seniors leverage their home equity as an asset to help fund retirement. AAG has a 96% customer satisfaction rating and is a member of the National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association (NRMLA).
We are looking for an ambitious and driven individual to grow with us. We operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team "comes to win"-- our work atmosphere is highly- entrepreneurial. AAG’s success stems from our unique core values that are inherent in every employee:
- Caring for our customers and treating them with the dignity and respect in which they deserve.
- Driven to provide superior customer service.
- Ethical in how we conduct our work, every day.
AAG rewards hard work, promotes from within, supports career development and fosters a fun and friendly work environment. If this sounds like a company you are interested in joining, please review the job description below.
The Operations Team is looking for a Document Control Specialist to join our Post-Closing. If you have experience and meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today!
Duties & Responsibilities – Document Control Specialist:
- Review closing packages for shipment to Warehouse Banks, Investors and/or Servicers.
- Stack closing documents
- Manage timely delivery of collateral packages from Funding to Post Closing, track outstanding packages
- Manage the timely delivery of physical loan packages to various business units
- Creates and maintains reports in Excel, pulls and interprets canned reports from the AAG Intranet
- Scan and index documents; process incoming mail, trailing documents and loan conditions
- Review final mortgage documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Verify and input loan information accurately in loan and document systems.
- Communicate with Loan Officers, Processors, Escrow Officers, Internal Business Units and Settlement Agents to retrieve and/or correct documents in a timely manner.
- Review final title policies to insure they are free from liens, judgments and vesting is correct.
- Collect and review Final HUD-1 settlement statements for accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of company and regulatory changes that affect the post-closing process.
- Organize and maintain onsite vault relative to file inventory
- Performs other related duties, and special projects, as assigned by the manager
- Meet production and quality standards consistently.
Skills and Requirements – Document Control Specialist:
- Minimum 2 years of mortgage Post-Closing experience required.
- Familiar with reading and interpreting title reports and settlement statements.
- Ability to research and solve problem in a timely manner
- Knowledge of RESPA disclosure requirements, FHA rules and regulations.
- Excellent PC skills, including word processing and spreadsheets. Ability to learn additional programs required.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess strong attention to detail, analytical and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with third parties and team members.
- Ability to communicate information clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- High level of integrity and trust; Team-player with selfless attitude.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.86 to $22.81 /hour
- High school or equivalent