- Research Experience
- Time Management
- Communication Skills
Through its network of niche content Web sites, Prime Publishing enables consumers to live fuller lives every day. The company creates women’s lifestyle content in the cooking and crafting niches.
We are seeking Editorial Apprentices for our content sites in the area of crafting (general, knitting, beading, quilting, crochet, sewing, jewelry) and recipes (desserts, general recipes, healthy recipes) and related niche content targeted primarily to women. We are a fast-growing company creating quality content and engaging consumers.
The apprentice program is set up as a 13-week work and learning experience. Our goal is to teach you a new skill each week and for you to help our editorial team on regular areas of responsibilities and special projects.
Editorial Apprentices will work in one or more of the following areas:
– Newsletter Editor – Create and analyze newsletter content in order to maximize site traffic, newsletter performance, consumer engagement, and advertising opportunities.
– Site Content Editor – Monitor, create, and update content for the web sites to increase site traffic monthly.
– Community Editor – Monitor and create content across social media networks and blogs in order to reach a wider audience while implementing strategic goals.
– Promotions Editor – Secure product(s) for site reviews and giveaways in order to increase traffic, engage consumers, and network with companies and publishers while working closely with sales for new revenue streams.
The company will determine where an Editorial Apprentice will be placed based upon Editorial Apprentice qualifications and company needs.
Some of the skills we teach or enhance in our training program include:
– CMS – We have developed a proprietary content management system (CMS). Our first week is focused on teaching you how to use this system.
– On-Line Writing – The second week, we teach you the basics about writing great copy and creating headlines, the difference between a blog post and a web site article, and how to use analytical tools to write articles that will be found by people using search features on our Web sites and search engines
– Public Relations/Blogger Outreach – We engage in an active series of campaigns, and our training covers sources of publicity, locating and engaging bloggers, writing press releases and blog posts, adding new projects/recipes, and tracking results.
– eBook creation – We offer our consumers at least two new free eBooks each month. These are downloadable PDF format books, typically 25 – 150 pages, and often themed around holidays such as Valentine’s Day, Easter, Halloween, etc. Our editorial teams research, create, publish, and promote these eBooks.
– College graduate, preferably with BA/BS in English, Communications, or Journalism or similar concentration.
– Basic understanding of HTML and/or online media.
– Strong writing, editing, research, communication, and time management skills.
– Detail-oriented with the ability to meet deadlines effectively and multitask.
– Interest in and/or experience with women’s lifestyle content.
– Winter, spring, summer and fall programs available.
Northbrook, IL location. Minutes from I-94 (Edens) and I-294 (Tollway). All positions are based in our office; no telecommuting options are available.
Apprentice positions are paid an hourly wage of $14/hour. These are temporary, full-time positions for 90-days maximum. Full-time Editor positions are typically offered after the 13-week Editorial Apprentice program is completed. Positions are offered based on Editorial Apprentice candidate performance and company needs. Entry-level Editor salaries begin at $35,000 per year plus full benefits.
If you have special needs and require assistance please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (847)-205-9375.
To apply for this position, please send a resume, cover letter, and writing samples to email@example.com.
Pre-Employment background check required. EOE/M/F/D/V