Goodwill of Greater Washington is OPENING A NEW WAREHOUSE and looking for a leader that can guide this ship to greatness! If you are a warehouse guru looking for the opportunity to leave your footprint throughout the Goodwill community. I want to speak with you.
Leads the day to day operation of sorting and processing donations at the Goodwill Sustainability Center (GSC) for sale at Goodwill of Greater Washington (GGW) stores, to third party vendors, and recyclers. This position leads our production crews in achieving all production goals, quality control, and safety metrics and ensures compliance with all GGW and OSHA policies and regulations.
As an operational leader at GSC, you will be responsible for creating a positive, effective, and efficient working environment through engaging, directing, and collaborating with the production staff.
As a Goodwill Manager, you are an organizational leader responsible for a high-performing production operation that advances the mission of GGW, provides excellent customer service, and results in positive, productive associate experiences. GGW Managers model passion for work, strong positive leadership skills, and are effective coaches to their direct reports. GGW Managers are expected to understand objectives and meet established metrics including volume, quality, revenue, and expense control.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: * Develops, coaches, motivates, trains, and, as needed, disciplines all direct reports on a continual basis.
- Achieves established goals for providing presorted product for distribution to GGW stores, other organizations, and wholesalers.
- Achieves established goals for locating and selecting high-quality product for GGW’s e-Commerce Department.
- Ensures timely, accurate, and high-quality loading and unloading of trailers.
- Continuously monitors productivity of staff and provides ongoing training and coaching of all direct reports to maximize productivity.
- Operates, and ensures that direct reports operate, in compliance with GGWs policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Manage preventative maintenance schedules for powered equipment, conveyor, and balers
- Follows GGW administrative guidelines and meets all administrative deadlines including production of reports, completion of audits, and administration of HR and payroll systems.
- Creates an atmosphere of exceptional customer service to internal customers (associates, peers, and other departments), external customers, and partners.
- Maintains proper staffing levels in adherence with budgeted guidelines.
- Monitors relevant expenses and ensures adherence with budgeted guidelines.
- Maintains a safe environment for associates. Monitors safety and security procedures and ensures procedures are enforced on a continual basis.
- Participates in special projects and attends meetings as assigned.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
This position has supervisory responsibility for production and warehouse associates, including Team Leads.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proven track record of successful leadership, good judgement, and goal achievement for a minimum of three years in a manufacturing, production, or warehouse environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both orally and in writing: ability to create clear and professional e-mails, reports, and other written communications, conduct meetings and associate development sessions.
- Basic math and computer skills: Microsoft Office proficiency, ability to create and manipulate spreadsheets; ability to understand computerized time and attendance systems, budget software, etc.
- Must be willing to work flexible days and hours to meet the needs of a seven-day-per-week business.
- Five to seven years of management experience in a manufacturing, production, or warehouse environment.
- Experience in donated goods aftermarket processing
- Multi-lingual proficiency
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer minority/female/disability/vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
GOODWILL OF GREATER WASHINGTON IS A DRUG FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- 10 Hour Shift
- 12 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- On Call
To keep employees safe, we have installed safe guards, practice social distancing, have daily temperature checks and other recommended safety procedures.
- Warehouse Management: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Required)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma