The Rehabilitation Technician job consists of assisting with transporting and transferring patients to and from the physical therapy department which may require use of wheelchairs and/or other assistive devices. The Rehab Tech assists in preparing the patients for treatment which can involve lifting patients from wheelchairs and treatment mats. The Rehab Tech will assist the physical/occcupational therapists in treatment procedures as required by the therapist in accordance with state law. The job may also require assisting with maintaining the patient treatment schedule and the therapist’s treatment schedule and other record keeping as required by the department manager. The Rehab Tech will also assist with maintaining a clean and orderly department as well as maintaining all equipment in the department. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide indirect care appropriate to the age of the patients served; also demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and possesses the ability to assess information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age specific needs, and to provide the indirect care needed.
Performance Expectations that are job specific will be covered during your department orientation. You will be assessed for your competency of these expectations during your first 90 days of employeement
- Follows a consistent routine for daily cleaning of equipment as well as recognizes when cleaning is required after equipment use by using proper cleaning supplies safely and following proper techniques
- Routinely monitors temperature of equipment (such as hydrocallator, paraffin bath,, etc) where appropriate to ensure that equipment is continually maintained and operational
- Quickly responds to patient/family needs by answering call lights promptly, adjusting patient position or notifying the therapist of a need
- Cleans and maintains the schedule board/tags as needed with appropriate cleaning supplies and communicates schedule changes made to the patient schedule to all appropriate team members
- Accurately performs clerical duties according to established procedures to ensure a steady workflow and avoid delays in care
- Follows the procedure for treatment preparation according to the procedure manual, considers patient comfort, and follows therapists directions for precautions
- Follows the procedure for treatment preparation according to the procedure manual, considers patient comfort, and follows therapists directions for precautions.
- Maintains laundry appropriately for each area where needed in the department
High school diploma required.
None required. On the job training. Customer service experience preferred.
Must be able to follow instructions of therapy staff and department head. Must work well with patients and staff.