This position will represents Peter Brasseler Holdings, LLC, and its subsidiaries in a broad array of legal matters. Provides legal advice and counsel to the Company’s respective business units. This position reports to the Vice President and General Manager.
- Drafts, reviews, and negotiates a broad array of commercial agreements (including confidentiality, distribution and customer agreements).
- Advises on legal matters impacting the company, including U.S. and international commercial law, contract law, employment law, and compliance matters.
- Directs, monitors and supervises outside litigation counsel.
- Supports Human Resources regarding employment matters.
- Counsels management regarding various disputes and potential litigation matters.
- Manages document and data production relating to discovery requests.
- Accurately compiles and submits all state and federal compliance reporting in a timely manner.
- Serves as principal Corporate Compliance Officer.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
No direct reports.
Regularly interact with senior management, executive levels and/or customers on matters concerning several functional areas and/or other company divisions or units. Ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
Typically 5 or more years of increasing responsibility and complexity in terms of any applicable professional experience.
Juris doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school required.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to resolve disputes effectively
- Outstanding presentation and public speaking skills
- Outstanding independent decision making, analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to plan and manage complex and successful projects; understand available resources, develop timeline, budget and assign areas of responsibility
- Ability to solve complex business issues in creative and effective ways
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills and techniques
- Communicate effectively with senior management and key stakeholders
- Strong negotiating skills and ability to effectively manage internal and external relationships
- Ability to influence, build relationships, understand organizational complexities, manage conflict and navigate politics
- Broad and wide-range of professional and managerial skills with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures
- Ability to lead and develop virtual teams
- Outstanding in multiple technical and business skills
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- A minimum of 5 years relevant legal experience.
- Juris Doctor, or the equivalent required.
- Superior analytical abilities. Excellent legal research and writing skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills. Proficiency with on-line legal research tools.
- Georgia State Bar Admission
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel typically less than 10%. Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Peter Brasseler Holdings, LLC, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Part-time
- practicing attorney: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off