Merakey is currently seeking Program Specialist to join our Merakey IDD division in our Philadelphia location.
Assist in development of individual programs, assessment of skills, maintenance of the instructional environment as well as provide appropriate instructional procedures for both skill acquisition and behavioral objectives, documenting and reporting progress, consistent with the program planning team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the individual yearly program plan.
- To provide skill training in the areas delineated by the individual program plan.
- Provide documentation of program implementation.
- Must have such mobility and flexibility to ensure the safety of each individual in the training center.
- Ability to perform various home management duties (sweeping, mopping, wiping, etc...)
- Ability to walk while pushing a wheelchair.
- Visual and ability to respond to appropriately to surroundings.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including the ability to write legibly.
- Must attend mandatory training such as CPR, positive interventions, fire safety, etc....and administer necessary techniques as needed.
- Maintain compliance with agency policies, procedures, state and county regulations.
- Effectively communicates with individuals, using verbal and non-verbal modalities which are appropriate to each person's ability to comprehend.
- Accurately review data, complete, submit monthly summaries for assigned individuals.
- Attend individual, unit and departmental meetings as required and submit written reports as necessary.
- Maintain the instructional environment and instructional materials.
- Provide directions to training center staff in program specialist absence, (i.e. PRN's RDSP, volunteers).
- May perform other related duties, when required or assigned.
ABOUT MERAKEY'S IDD DIVISION
Merakey supports individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) in the enhancement of their abilities and interests. Services are aimed at partnering with individuals as they become self-sufficient and live everyday lives. Merakey focuses on helping individuals find meaningful roles in their community and to feel valued as community members. Individuals are always at the core of the planning and implementation of services.
- Adult Training Facility
- Behavior Support Services
- Early Intervention Case Management
- Employment (Transitional, Supported, Competitive)
- In-home Support
- Non-traditional Community Day Services/Home and Community Habilitation
- Supports Coordination
For more information on each individual service, please visit:
- Community Living/Group Homes
- Family/Shared Living
- Intermediate Care Facility
- Respite Care
- Specialized Residential (medically fragile, dementia, autism, dual diagnosis, problematic sexual behavior)
- Supported Living
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee.
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services or related fields
- 3 years experience working with Individuals with Developmental Disabilities.
- Working knowledge of varies computer programs
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled