The Dining Services Director manages the overall operation of the Food Service Department. This position assists in maintaining a positive physical and social environment for the residents. Accountable for daily managing of department budget through operational expense management and labor management. Develops or oversees the department schedule to assure adequate staff to provide services, but within budgeted FTE's.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Must be formally trained in food service management or the culinary arts, or have equivalent
experience in food service management or the culinary arts
- Capable of maintaining full time attendance
- At least one-year supervisory experience preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, vendors and the general
- Must meet all health requirements
- Must pass a drug test
- Must have a valid driver license
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly
- Responsible for supervising, assigning significant overall duties and tasks and responsibly directing the work of all Food Service Department employees with full accountability for the performance of subordinates
- Demonstrate independent judgment and discretion
- Train and supervise dietary staff in day-to-day kitchen operations
- Interview, make hiring decisions and orient new staff
- Schedule and reschedule staff using independent judgment and exercising discretion when creating the schedule and in making determinations regarding granting employee requests for time off or other modifications in work schedules
- Responsible for tracking attendance and effectively carrying out disciplinary action where appropriate
- Communicate and enforce policies and procedures including The Waterford Center policies and procedures dealing with rules of employee conduct, safety and sanitation policies and other
human resource policies and directly discipline and effectively recommend corrective and disciplinary action to enforce such policies
- Evaluate performance and effectively recommend changes to terms and conditions of employment based on such evaluations
- Accountable to ensure equipment is maintained and work areas are clean, safe, and orderly. Strictly adhere to procedures regarding infection control, food-borne illness prevention, harmful chemical handling, fire, safety and sanitation, promptly addressing any transgression, including taking disciplinary action or effectively recommending same where appropriate
- Maintain strict inventory control and corporate par stocks of specified items
- Plan Community and individual resident menus in coordination with staff and with medical staff if necessary
- Plan special events as needed
Food Preparation Functions
- Ensures that meals are prepared according to menu and recipes followed
- Ensure food is prepared in a nutritional, appetizing fashion, and presented in an attractive manner
- See that appropriate snacks are available to residents with special dietary needs
- Ensure all utensils, dishes and equipment and work areas are cleaned properly and in a timely manner
- Supervise and inspect food storage
- Responsible for ensuring that all employees are providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers
Directs and coordinates food service activities of the community. Supervises and coordinates activities of kitchen associates engaged in purchasing and preparing food and supplies.
Directly supervises 2-5 associates in the Dietary Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Elmcroft's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Meets Elmcroft Standards established for the Dining Services Department.
Becomes completely familiar with the state regulations governing Assisted Living, ensures compliance in department by regularly reviewing regulations checklist.
Ensures that menus conform with nutritional standards, government regulations, and internal procedures by following those menus provided by the Elmcroft consultant dietician. A consultation with dietician should be conducted for any major menu changes.
Reviews Resident diet information and discusses requests, changes, and inconsistencies with Resident/resident representative, professional staff, and/or resident food committee. Assures that all doctor prescribed special diets are followed or that the order is changed to reflect diets that Elmcroft can provide.
Participates in 100 hours/100 days program as required by position to assist residents in adjusting to their new home.
Inspects food and food preparation and storage areas to assure all areas are clean, sanitary, and meet sanitation and regulations guidelines. Assure all open food in refrigerators and freezers are covered and dated and that outdated food is discarded promptly.
Tastes, smells, and observes food to ensure conformance with recipes and appearance standards. Measures satisfaction levels among residents daily at each meal by walk-thru and conversations with residents as well as Resident Satisfaction Survey results.
Hot foods are 140-160 degrees Fahrenheit when served and cold foods at 34-40 degrees Fahrenheit when served.
Meals are served on time according to established and posted meal times, every time.
Serves appropriate foods to observe holidays and religious celebrations.
Establishes competitive purchasing practices that assure food and supplies are being purchased at the lowest possible cost while still maintaining quality standards. Routine price comparisons among vendors are necessary to achieve this goal.
Manages expenses within given budget parameters as tied to census and measured in cost per resident day, utilizing spend-down sheets.
Conducts monthly food inventory to assure accurate accounting of food on the shelf and cost per resident day.
Processes invoices in a timely manner in order to assure accurate accounting of food costs.
Orders and schedules delivery of food and supplies from vendors to assure adequate amount of food and supplies to fulfill weekly menus.
Prepares work schedules for kitchen personnel to ensure presence of requisite labor force on each shift in accordance with operating budget as tied to census, utilizing staffing models and labor reports.
Oversees and coordinates work of cooks and other kitchen associates engaged in preparing meals to ensure adherence to recipes and quality standards. Provides cooking coverage during week to cover kitchen schedule.
Arranges for required and appropriate orientation, education, training, and inservices for staff in accordance with licensing requirements, state guidelines, and the needs of the community.
Documents all training as required.
Properly trains all associates on the use of any dangerous equipment in the kitchen such as a meat slicer, blender, oven, stove, fryer, steam table, knives, and so forth. Documents all training in the associate record.
Assures all freezers are maintained at 0 degrees Fahrenheit or below and refrigerators are maintained at 34-40 degrees Fahrenheit daily and the temperatures are documented.
Assures sanitizing solution for the 3-compartment sink is prepared using the correct sanitation mix and it is monitored for correct levels and documented.
Assures dish machine operates at 150-160 degree hot water temperatures for washing and 180 degrees for rinsing and that the sanitizing levels are monitored for accuracy and documented.
Creates positive associate relations through staff appreciation programs, recognition of excellent performance, and retention through regular feedback systems and promotional incentive programs.
Hires and trains personnel in accordance with Power Hiring techniques. Provides appropriate performance feedback throughout the year.
Assures all associates follow proper hand-washing and personal hygiene techniques, including clean clothes and aprons, and hair nets where required.
Is on-call as necessary for the Manager-on-Duty program.
Provides back up support driving the community vehicle to transport residents on trips outside Elmcroft for shopping, entertainment, education, and/or to obtain medical or dental services, as assigned.
Is fully knowledgeable of the fire evacuation and disaster policy of the community and participates as assigned in fire and disaster drills.
Demonstrates an understanding of compliance and ethics program policies and procedures.
Completes all mandatory compliance, HIPAA and state and federal regulatory training as required.
Maintains appropriate degree of confidentiality.
Performs other duties as assigned and which relate to the success of Elmcroft and the Care, Comfort, and Happiness of our residents.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Supervisory experience in a food service setting recommended.
Dietary Certifications as required per State Guidelines.
Must be in possession of, or have the ability to obtain, a valid state drivers license. Travel may be required as needed.
7575 Willow Chase Blvd Houston, TX - 77070
Embark at Willowbrook Park