Full-timeEstimated: $30,000 - $40,000 a year
- Driver's License
- Computer Skills
- Data Collection
- Public Speaking
Full Job Description
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Salvation Army Student Fellowship Director (SASF Director) functions as a program head for all SASF programs and ministries. The SASF Director is a key member of the Corps ministry team which seeks to further God’s mission for Wellsville and the Houghton College Community. The SASF Director focus areas include college students and young adults in the Wellsville Corps and Houghton College.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists with instruction for Sunday Ministry and College Students’ Sunday School
- Coordinates transportation for college students (Sundays, outings, volunteer/service opportunities)
- Assists college student volunteers in supervising children and teens to ensure their well-being and safety during programs
- Assists with coordinating volunteer/service opportunities for college students (opportunities including but not limited to children/teen programs, nursing home ministry, Halloween Block Party, Kettles, Angel Tree, VBS, etc.)
- Assists Corps Officers with SASF outings (church services, day trips, weekend retreats, Spring mission trip, fundraising for SASF, etc.)
- Takes leadership in services when Corps Officers are unavailable
- Responsible for data collection and record keeping of program participants
- Liaison between Corps and Salvation Army Student Fellowship (SASF) members at Houghton College
- Oversees SASF weekly and Sunday activities in conjunction with Corps Officers
- Coordinates with Corps Officers for annual mission trip with SASF members
- Cultivates a pastoral relationship with students
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS.
- Public Speaking
- Relational people skills
- High organizational capability
- Computer efficient
- Must be able to drive a 12 passenger vehicle in all weather.
- Valid Driver’s License that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements.