*Position is located in Hammond, LA
Are you looking for a captivating entry level position that will expose you to skills and ways of thinking that you will be able to utilize for the rest of your life? The Sizewise Medical Equipment Delivery Driver/Technician position is a challenging, yet rewarding opportunity for you to diversify your skillset while making a difference in people’s lives. Medical Technicians are the heart and soul of the Sizewise mission, and the position offers excellent opportunity for advancement. Your time will be divided between making sure that all of our equipment is operating to the Sizewise standard; and delivering that equipment to patient’s that will truly appreciate the unique capabilities that our product line offers. You will spend a significant amount of time working with your hands and tackling distinct problems that arise. Since Sizewise serves such a wide variety of people, every day as a Medical Technician is different from the last. A portion of your time will be spent working individually, but the team aspect of Sizewise is what helps us operate at the high level that has grown to be the standard of our company.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
To be successful in this role, you should have the following:
- Perform medical equipment maintenance, delivery/pick-up and in-servicing to health care professionals
- Process equipment: cleaning/sterilization phase, quality control checks, necessary maintenance and delivery preparation
- Adhere to all OSHA, HIPAA and compliance/regulatory guidelines as applicable
- Operate and maintain service records for Sizewise delivery vehicles
Our benefits package includes:
- High School Diploma or GED or 1-3 months related experience
- Have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record and ability to drive at night
- Be able to pass DOT Physical and Drug Screen
- Have the ability to lift up to 75 lbs, to push 700 lbs. of medical equipment (on wheels) up ramps, to unload/load equipment onto trucks daily, to stand/kneel/squat for extended periods of time during equipment processing
- Possessing a mechanical aptitude is a plus
We offer health and dental coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, flexible spending accounts, company-paid life insurance, supplemental benefits as well as a 401k with company match with immediate 100% vesting, paid time off, and 6 holidays.
Who is Sizewise?
We are a global medical equipment manufacturer with more than 65 locations across the United States and a growing global presence. With four manufacturing facilities in the Midwest and on the West Coast, all of our products are designed and built in the United States.
In order to provide the best service possible, we must first start with the best people and products in the industry. At Sizewise, we recognize the contribution and importance of each member. By combining our values of hard work, determination, and open communication, we are able to maintain an enthusiastic and supportive culture and environment for our employees.
*Our company is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.*