Established in September of 2013, Utilis was created on the foundation of using the most cutting-edge processes and technology to offer engineering, construction, and management services to the telecom industry. With superior customer service and brilliant people, it’s no surprise that Utilis Engineering is such a successful and fast-growing company. That’s why we’re always on the lookout for new talented people who can help us achieve our mission: to provide a seamless integration experience for our customers through innovatively designing, safely building and timely maintaining the communications infrastructure that our customers develop.
**Candidates with Civil, Mechanical, or Structural Engineering are encouraged to apply. MUST be located in San Antonio, TX to be considered for this role. Local Candidates ONLY**
OSP Engineer (Telecom) Responsibilities:
- Development of OSP design documentation, plans, specifications, and special drawings/plant records.
- Conduct site walks, field notes, and Trimble measurements to be sent back to the CAD department.
- Designate the placement of hubs, cables, and terminals in aerial and underground locations.
- Create construction drawings including information on existing facilities, utility research and placement on drawings (all features within the Right of Way, both sides of the street, etc.), and accurate identification and depiction of all assembly units required to complete the job.
- Responsible for all as-built changes and updates to drawings.
- Ability to review and redline designs of co-workers to ensure quality across all projects.
- Complete permit documentation for respective projects by researching jurisdictional requirements, submitting permit folders, and communicating with city officials as needed.
- Act as liaison to Company’s clients by regularly updating them on project status and attending client meetings as necessary.
- Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Ability to travel (up to 20%) to complete field visits and/or meetings.
- Performing all duties in accordance with the Company’s core values.
OSP Engineer (Telecom) Qualifications:
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Structural Engineering preferred.
- Construction inspection experience preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years of direct telecommunications experience.
- Must be able to understand civil engineering standards, requirements, projects proposed by other utilities, or government municipalities.
- Knowledge of telecommunications network design principles and processes.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, strong organizational skills, high level of integrity, and strong team player.
- Well-developed decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills, displaying the ability to provide a solution where none apparently exists.
- Proficiency in the use computer aided drafting software (AutoCAD Civil3D).
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Working knowledge of digital and optical hierarchy.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Ability to work under severe time constraints and produce at a high level.
- Ability to perform field site meets, meet with developers, customers, and local agencies.
- Proven track record and reputation for being a flexible, quick learner and accurate worker with a high attention to detail and follow-up.
- A valid driver’s license, including a clean driving record.
OSP Engineer (Telecom) Benefits:
At Utilis we believe in the growth and advancement of our employees. We strive to attract and retain qualified, productive, and motivated employees who will provide efficient and effective services to our clients. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance and voluntary term life
- Company-paid short-term disability (STD) and long-term disability (LTD)
- Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Advancement opportunities – we promote from within the company
- 100% paid training
Utilis is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction Inspection: 1 year (Preferred)
- OSP Engineering: 1 year (Required)
- Telecommunications: 1 year (Required)
- Autocad: 1 year (Required)
- San Antonio, TX (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)