Since our founding in 1931, DeVry University has focused on delivering a different kind of education – one based on experiential learning with real-world applications. When you join our team, you’re choosing an institution that serves students who are different, too: a diverse group of go-getters from all walks of life.
We know our colleagues are integral to the success of the institution. At DeVry, we’re guided by our culture of care, and we embrace values that teach us to care for students, self and colleagues. It’s one way we position our colleagues for success.
We are looking for engaged, caring colleagues to join our organization in serving our students. We take extra pride in our dedicated support teams, as well as our outstanding faculty members who have often worked for years in the fields that they teach. We believe all our colleagues deserve opportunities to reach their goals. Whether it’s career advancement, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefits and professional development offerings can help you meet your goals.
If you want to be a part of an organization focused on providing high-quality education, care and attention, we invite you to apply for a position today.
- DeVry is pleased to announce an outstanding career opportunity at our campus in LOCATION as an Operations Support Coordinator.
- Under the direction of the Center Dean, the Operations Support Coordinator provides assistance to new and continuing students, staff and faculty while supporting operational services.
- Our students and colleagues will rely on you as a valuable resource for information and assistance. It takes a strong set of organizational and communication skills to be effective in this important service role and we want to meet with people who have a passion for education, outstanding organizational and communication skills, and a solid commitment to consistently providing exceptional service.
- To meet the needs of our students and colleagues, the Operations Support Coordinator has a nontraditional schedule that includes some weekday evening and Saturday hours. If you believe that you are up to the challenge of this important position and seek a tremendously rewarding career with a global leader in higher education, we want to talk with you today.
In this position you will assist colleagues and students as you:
You are encouraged to apply for this position if you have:
- Greet and direct guests, students, and visitors .
- Answer and direct phone calls .
- Respond to inquiries and requests for information, assisting in addressing, resolving or escalating matters that require additional attention.
- Coordinate meetings and work with leadership to prepare agendas .
- Reserve rooms and prepare facilities for classes, meetings, and events.
- Compile data and prepare reports - Research and develop tools and resources that foster efficient workflow.
- Assist with student enrollment, registration, and service by scheduling appointments, distributing information, and collecting documents.
- Document student interactions in our database.
- Administer and proctor placement evaluations, recording results promptly.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent required; Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- The availability to work a non-traditional schedule that will include evenings, Saturdays, and occasional overtime as/if needed.
- 1+ year of administrative support or customer service experience, preferably in a higher education setting.
- Solid PC skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Internet applications, and database management software.
- The proven ability to effectively manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously in a deadline-driven, fast paced setting as part of a high-performing team.
- Well-developed administrative and organizational skills and are willing to follow detailed processes consistently.
- An impeccable work ethic and hold yourself accountable to the highest ethical standards.
- Exceptional communication skills and are able to craft and deliver well-written, compelling messages to our students and colleagues.
- Are willing and able to work effectively independently and self-motivated while working toward personal and team goals.
- Exceptional strong interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.