Grace is built on talent, technology, and trust, Grace is a leading global supplier of catalysts and engineered materials. The company’s two industry-leading business segments—Catalysts Technologies and Materials Technologies—provide innovative products, technologies, and services that enhance the products and processes of our customer partners around the world. Grace employs approximately 3,700 people in over 30 countries.
Built on talent, technology, and trust, Grace is a leading global supplier of catalysts and engineered materials. The company’s two industry-leading business segments—Catalysts Technologies and Materials Technologies—provide innovative products, technologies, and services that enhance the products and processes of our customers around the world. Grace employs approximately 3,900 people in over 30 countries.
The Sr. Area Sales Manager - Personal Care is responsible for net new customer acquisition and maintaining/expanding existing accounts (including major accounts) within assigned territory to deliver sales growth in the Materials Technology Business.
This position reports directly to the Sales Director, North America, Engineered Materials.
North America, US, Major Accounts
- Responsible for maintaining and growing direct accounts and distribution partners within territory and converting new accounts
- Maintain close contact with assigned accounts by establishing strong relationships with key decision makers
- Utilize advanced offering knowledge and understanding of the customer’s business to develop customized proposals
- Work with assigned distribution Partners’ sales rep to implement planned activities, pursue sales opportunities, and hunt for new customers.
- Forecast revenue potential for each account /distribution partner) and prioritize time accordingly
- Develop strategies focused on expanding client base within defined market segments
- Engage Technical Customer Service (TCS) resources and Sales resources during the sales process as necessary
- Effectively collaborate with sales leaders on large account coordination
- Strong Networking and Relationship-building skills – internal and external
- Results-oriented and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to gain and maintain lasting customer relationships
- Proven ability to understand and sell a technical product portfolio
- Well organized with strong customer orientation
- Excellent listening and teamwork skills
- Able to work independently with little guidance
- Able to travel within territory (domestic) – 60-80%
5+ years demonstrated successful business-to-business (B2B) sales experience with increasing levels of responsibility. Major or key account experience a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field from an accredited university
Experience in the Chemical manufacturing industry preferred.
Experience in Key Accounts for Personal Care Industry
Knowledge of Silica-based products is preferred
Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or related technical discipline preferred.
Advanced degree is a plus.
Grace is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Grace via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Grace. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Grace as a result of the referral or through other means.