A thriving, mission-driven multimedia organization, NPR produces award-winning news, information, and music programming in partnership with hundreds of independent public radio stations across the nation. NPR listeners value information, creativity, curiosity, and social responsibility – our employees do too. We are innovators and leaders in diverse fields, from journalism and digital media to IT and development. Every day, our employees and member stations touch the lives of millions worldwide.
- Oversees the provision of collateral materials to partner stations, across platforms, for use in their efforts to raise awareness, increase audience and grow revenue for their stations.
- Develops sound, two-way working relationships with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts, supporting their outreach efforts to station partners.
- Develops, maintains and executes marketing communications strategies for all NPR content and initiatives, to station partners. Works with Project Manager to manage and coordinate project time horizons.
- Ensures high quality, timely, accurate and clear communication with Member stations in all areas related to NPR News, Programming and Music content, including collaborative initiatives.
- Working with colleagues in Member Partnership, Digital Media, and communications colleagues in other groups, contributes to timely, accurate and clear communication of digital products and services.
- Overall editorial and workflow responsibility for content and materials on nprstations.org.
- Communicates with station partners via platforms including nprstations.org, Engage.npr.org, Scoop, email, e-newsletters, social media, webinars, industry conferences) about NPR strategies, projects and initiatives.
- Coordinates with NPR Communications division to develop a marketing presentation focus and materials for public media events and station-specific events.
- Keeps current on and inform staff of industry trends through regular internal and external contact, conference attendance, reading trade journals, and via contact with other broadcast professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or marketing (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to write for print, web and social media
- 5 to 7 years of communications or marketing experience with at least 2 years in the nonprofit field
- Strong grammar and editing skills
- Strong graphic design skills, including compiling and framing graphics, metrics and charts
- Expertise in MS Word, Power Point, Excel. Experience in a Salesforce environment strongly preferred. Knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud strongly preferred.
- Social media literacy and experience
- Must be able to manage multiple projects
- Must be highly organized and have ability to pay close attention to detail
- Highly collaborative and an appreciation of the benefit of a multi-disciplinary team approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humor
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Project management skills and experience.
- Relationship-based service/marketing experience.
- Understanding of NPR’s role as a journalism institution, national producer and membership organization; knowledge of the public radio system.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you. Please apply online through our career site at http://www.npr.org/about/careers/. You can also follow us on Twitter at @NPRjobs.Top of Form
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development. NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.