Title: Office Manager
Location: San Ramon, CA
About the Company:
For more than a quarter of a century Japonesque has created cutting edge beauty products inspired by the professional makeup tools used in Kabuki theatre in Japan. Japonesque’s product line includes makeup brushes, eyelash curlers, tweezers, makeup cases and other beauty accessories as well as a recently launched line of color cosmetics. The collection combines high-impact fashion color with pro performance and flawlessly refined complexion formulations. The unprecedented color and long wear textures are housed in one-of-a-kind luxurious packaging.
Japonesque supplies cosmetics, beauty tools, and hair products to the prestige and mass market retail channels. The company distributes and markets branded and private label products across multiple categories and retail customers including Ulta and CVS.
Japonesque products have been sold in leading prestige beauty retailers and with the recent introduction of products into the drug and mass channels, the Company has experienced explosive growth. Having recently partnered with leading consumer Private Equity firm, San Francisco Equity Partners, the Company is profitable with no short term need for additional capital to fund growth.
About the Position:
Office Manager candidates will be responsible for managing all general office functions and systems.
This person will play a critical role in establishing a first impression to clients and vendors as well as managing the day to day office functions. This position reports directly to the VP of Finance. We seek an ambitious candidate looking to grow with us. Strong customer service skills are required.
Office Manager candidates should have a High School diploma with 3 to 5 years of experience as an executive assistant or an office manager, and industry, beauty or retail experience is preferred.
The Office Manager is an exempt full time position and works out of the company’s San Ramon office. Compensation includes healthcare, 401K plan, vacation and other benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrange for necessary office repairs and maintenance
- Answer and route incoming phone calls
- Manage relationships with vendors and service providers
- Monitor and implement office systems
- Coordinate with 3rd party IT support on all office equipment issues and maintenance
- Coordinate office meetings and office schedule, maintain the office calendar in outlook and the published calendar
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Ensure the office environment is clean and free of clutter
- In charge of overseeing the well-being of all employees
- Arrange office lunches, birthday celebrations, refreshments needed for meetings and customer visits
- Arrange for employee travel including hotels, flights, etc.
- Keep inventory of the stock room and request re-order of product as necessary
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and place orders with appropriate vendors (Office Depot, Amp Printing, Uline, etc)
- Ensure that the kitchen supplies are stocked, and the kitchen is clean at all times
- Point person for mailing, shopping, supplies, equipment, and errands
- Provide general support to visitors
- Keep phone list and other forms up to date and accurate.
- Send out and distribute US mail and receive/distribute incoming packages
- Support packing and shipping outgoing packages as needed
- Assist where needed to print out and bind decks for PD and sales
- Keep field team addresses and other info up to date in the FedEx shipping system
- Assist with preparation and shipment of new hire assets
- Process requests for curler refill pads and tweezer reconditioning
Essential Skills & Characteristics:
- Strong Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter with excellent problem solving and analytical skills and the commitment to follow-through.
- Solid computer skills including proficiency in MS Excel, Work, Outlook, & PowerPoint. Salesforce a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility in a context of rapidly changing priorities.
- Must have an effective and professional demeanor in all interactions with co-workers and customers.
- High School diploma, 3 to 5 years of experience as an executive assistant or office manager.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Experience with travel arrangements is required.
Job Type: Full-time
- management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Office Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules