Established paving company seeking experienced milling and or paving foreman. The Foreman will provide overall on-site leadership and oversee the milling operations, safety and quality assurance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Management of milling crew including, but not limited to:
- Safety monitoring
- Layout, placement
- Monitoring quality control
- Observes job sites to ascertain progress of job, and identify if workers and/or equipment are being appropriately utilized.
- Coordinate material deliveries with suppliers and hauling vendors.
- Verify measurements, slope and thickness for compliance with contracts, utilizing electronic grade and slope controls.
- Communicate with persons outside of the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public and other external sources in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Read and relay job related information from work orders, plans, or contracts to asphalt crew.
- Operate the milling equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials.
- Preparation of daily time cards and field diaries.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in construction of asphalt pavements.
- Technical skills in asphalt paving and milling operations.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work as a team to efficiently complete jobs to the highest customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
- Effective Leadership skills.
- Valid driver’s license issued within the United States clear of multiple and/or major violations..
- Must be willing to travel to job sites outside of the state.
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends or nights.
Competitive salaries depending on experience, lots of overtime potential and prevailing wage (Davis Bacon) rates my apply for certain jobs. We offer health insurance, vacation pay and 401K. Vacation and 401k are offered after 1-year of continuous full-time employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Milling or Paving Foreman: 3 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
Involves the operation of heavy equipment, including::
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts