Select Funding provides financing to small business owners across the country. The Credit Analyst II will be responsible for analyzing credit data and financial information of persons or companies that are applying for credit or loans to determine the risk of the credit-granting institution.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Analyze commercial loan applications received by Relationship Managers to determine the eligibility of request. Provides prompt turnaround time upon request. Confers with Relationship Managers to determine client needs and discuss options for borrowers.
- Performs cash flow analysis (to include global cash flow analysis, and/or financial statement spreading) submitting results to lenders that provide a general assessment of customer's creditworthiness to be utilized in loan approval packages
- Reviews and prepares written analysis with basic analytical narrative and commentary on the request.
- Analyze and interpret commercial and consumer credit reports.
- Assist with implementing service level agreements for timely and accurate completion of requested credit analysis work
- Collaborate across the organization to ensure standards are met including timely execution, quality of work, and clear escalation process.
- Develop and mentor team members to help them develop their knowledge of industry best practices.
- Guide, support and educate team members across the company relative to credit and risk management best practices.
- Analyze key factors such as industry, management, and economic trends.
- Communicate decisions and requests for additional information needed to complete processing and provide credit expertise to Relationship Managers.
- Keep abreast of lender/bank policies and underwriting guidelines, and update credit matrixes and lender info to incorporate necessary changes
- Other tasks/duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or business strongly preferred, but not required
- 5+ years of progressive experience in credit risk analysisStrong proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader/Editor, Google Docs, and Salesforce,