Health Quest Home Care
A Registered Physical Therapist (PT) administers physical therapy to patients on an intermittent basis in their place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Director of Patient Services/Therapy Clinical Manager.
- Understands and adheres to established policies and procedures.
- Provides physician-prescribed physical therapy and returns the individual to optimum and productive level within the patient’s capabilities.
- Improves or minimizes residual physical disabilities of the patient.
- Directs and supervises personnel as required.
- Performs all skilled procedures as ordered by physician.
- Consults with physicians regarding change in treatment, writes reports to physicians regarding patient’s progress and assists physician with evaluating level of function.
- Instructs patients and family/significant others in home programs and activities of daily living.
- Participates in Quality Assessment, performance improvement activities, and in-service programs as assigned.
- Attends all patient care conferences as scheduled.
- Helps develop the plan of care and revise as necessary.
- Consults and participates in patient care planning with family and Agency personnel.
- Completes and submits OASIS assessments, initial evaluations, clinical progress notes, reassessments and transfers, resumptions of care, discharges and significant change in condition in accordance with Agency defined time frames.
- Maintain and Model REACH Values (Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Compassion, Honor).
- Demonstrates regular, reliable, and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduate from a physical therapist curriculum approved by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education, American Physical Therapy Association, or the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association, or the Council of Medical Education of the American Medical Association and American Physical Therapy Association.
- PREFER: Two (2) years’ experience as a Physical Therapist.
- PREFER: Prior Home Care Experience
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Able to function independently in a practice environment with minimal supervision, accepting personal responsibility for clinical and interpersonal skills.
- Responsible for maintaining clinical practice skills necessary in-home care and for learning and adhering to the agency's policies and procedures.
- Must have the ability and stamina to maintain mental and emotional equilibrium during unpredictable, changing and stressful situations presented in the home care setting.
License, Registration, or Certification Requirements:
- Licensure as a Physical Therapist in New York State.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
- Proof of Auto Insurance
- PREFER: Basic Life Support (BLS)
Indeed Hire and Nuvance Health are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Physical Therapist: 2 years (Preferred)
- Prior Home Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- NYS Driver’s (Required)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) (Preferred)
- Physical Therapist in New York State (Required)
- Poughkeepsie, NY 12601: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)