Staff tax accountants are given a wide variety of diversified accounting and tax assignments under the supervision of different professionals. Performance is judged based on the quality of work, application of accounting knowledge, and ability to meet time constraints.
1. Prepares sales or other local tax and certain corporate income / franchise tax returns.
2. Performs other accounting, auditing and tax duties as needed in engagements and as assigned by supervisory personnel.
3. Performs state tax research
4. Compiles work papers and other accounting reports. Maintains project tracking sheets.
1. Such other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Proficiency with computer, spreadsheet software program, and calculator.
2. Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles, income taxes and state and local tax concepts.
3. Able to navigate resources to research taxability concepts for income taxes, sales and use taxes and other state and local taxes.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
1. Some overtime during January through April 15.
2. Works in the office 98% of the time.
3. Minimal Hazards. General office working conditions.
1. Bachelor?s degree, usually in accounting, or Master?s degree in accounting.
2. Prepare for CPA license by taking and passing the California CPA exam.
3. Additional certifications a plus: e.g. certification through the Institute for Professionals in Taxation (IPT).
4. Must have a valid driver?s license.
1. Ability to work in a team environment for multiple managers.
2. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by Partners or peers to perform, or assist in performing, other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the task listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.