ABOUT US: ZOOMLION, a leading player in the global engineering machinery industry is growing and has positions available at Zoomlion North America's engineering research and development center in Yorkville, Wisconsin.
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity to share and expand your skills, consider joining Zoomlion North America’s creative, innovative and collaborative team, where we live these concepts….every day. Our R & D Center in Yorkville, Wisconsin is a great place to become globally connected in a multi-cultural team driven environment.
Here at Zoomlion, we are looking for the most qualified applicants who are inspired by the opportunity to create innovative technology driven solutions for a global market.
Research, design, develop, and test subsystems control software for distributed vehicle electrical-electronic systems of off-highway equipment. Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements. Apply principles and techniques of Software Engineering, Real-time System Design Practices and Mechatronics.
- Requirement gathering and analysis to develop software solutions by studying system and subsystem needs.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Operate software development tools, lab equipment or other equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Use microcontrollers to develop control signals, implement control algorithms, or measure process variables, such as temperatures, pressures, or positions.
- Ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Recommend, plan, and lead software development improvement initiatives.
- Participates in Software DFMEA activities for major product development initiatives.
- Participates in and/or Leads major product issue resolution initiatives including formal Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on software product failures as required.
- Responsible for continual improvement and monitoring of all Software Design and Development processes and procedures.
- Ensures implementation and utilization of state-of-the-art analytical tools and techniques in the area of software development and reliability.
- Develop or direct software system testing or validation procedures.
BS(4 year) and/or MS in Electrical Electronics engineering or Computer Engineering or mechatronics or embedded systems or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in machine control software design and development for heavy equipment (off-highway) required
- Experience with Cranes, Work Lifts and Platforms, Material Handling Machines, Excavators, Tractors, Combines control software is highly preferred
- Experience in developing software for machine or vehicle controls and machine/vehicle automation
- Good knowledge and experience with/of bare metal programming, VxWorks, QNX or other RTOS platforms is a plus.
- Good knowledge and working experience with Embedded Linux or with other embedded operating systems.
- Experience with GUI Development (UI/UX) for mobile machinery is plus.
- Working experience with C, C++ programming languages is a plus.
- Experience in modeling and simulation of software and systems is plus.
- Knowledge of wireless and wired communication (BLE, GPS, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, cellular, CAN) technologies/protocols/applications is a plus.
- Experience in requirement engineering and management is required.
- Zoomlion NA offers competitive pay and benefits.
- Job location is Yorkville, Wisconsin
- Zoomlion NA will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Job Type: Full-time
- off-road machine control software design/development: 5 years (Required)