- Located in Spring Grove, IL*
Scot Forge is a 125 year-old, 100% employee-owned company that manufactures custom open die and rolled ring forgings. At Scot Forge, we help our customers succeed in their most critical initiatives with forged solutions for everything from the world's physical infrastructure, energy and transportation to manufacturing, mining, and our national defense. From the wheels of NASA's Curiosity Mars Rover, to mission critical components for nuclear submarines, to large hydraulic cylinders for the largest mining trucks on the planet, Scot Forge creates the precision forged metal parts used in demanding applications all over the world.
- Evaluate manufacturing process to assure purchased operations can be conducted successfully. Determine risks based on process, inspection methods and detailed GD&T knowledge to develop purchased process description. Identify capable suppliers, create RFQ, Evaluate quotations and place work with selected supplier
- Monitor supplier quality, OTD and price performance and Scot Forge due date performance in support of successful outsourcing. Problem resolution when identified on internal or outsourced process.
- Ability to build constructive relationships with EEOs at all levels of the organization, suppliers and customers. Demonstrate ability to effectively influence all parties to complete work without direct authority.
- Program Management---Working with a cross functional team develop deliverables and work agreements, establish tasks, task dependencies, schedule and cost to support the new part introduction to customer requirements.
- Identification and development of a competitive vendor base within SF established procedures.
- Development of Outsource Purchasing Processes inclusive of ERP, Company Policy, quoting and vendor management systems.
- Monitor shop workload and identify work for subcontract offload establishing volume estimates and monitoring outsource ability to achieve volume estimates
- Associates Degree in technical manufacturing or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years’ experience machining, CNC programming.
- Purchasing if experienced in acquisition of machining services.
- Bachelor’s Degree Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering and
- 3 years’ experience in support of a machining organization as a process engineer, manufacturing engineer or similar technical manufacturing role.
- Effective Negotiation skills
- Cost Analysis training
- Production Inventory Control (PIC)
- Project Management
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Office Environment with frequent activities on production floor.
- Must be authorized to work anywhere in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Must be able to pass a hair drug test.
We have grown to become a leader in the open-die forging industry by rewarding our most valuable resource... the employee-owners. Below includes a sample of our benefits:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Incentive bonus
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing Engineering: 3 years
Required work authorization: