ABOUT Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is an award-winning Dallas-based mobile strategy, design, and development company leading top brands like NBCUniversal, Coca-Cola, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, PetSmart, and Mary Kay through mobile innovation. Since 2008, we have developed over 180 (and counting) iPhone, iPad, and Android applications, as well as building experiences for streaming devices, wearables, VR headsets, and connected TV. To us, mobile and innovative technology is more than enhancements in our daily lives. They are game-changing platforms uniting information, entertainment, and enterprise solutions.
As a part of WPP, the world’s largest advertising and marketing services company made up of 150 different companies around the world including companies like Ogilvy & Mather, Young & Rubicam, JWT, Grey, Wunderman, and AKQA, we have the horsepower to expand not only in the industry, but across the world.
ABOUT working for Bottle Rocket:
Bottle Rocket is a rapidly growing mobile development company at the forefront of app revolution. Our team is comprised of mature, self-motivated professionals who bring passion to their craft. We do what it takes to get the job done, but never stop trying to improve ourselves and our services. By day, we sweat the details and build awesome mobile experiences – and our passion doesn’t end there. After hours, we’re those people standing in line for the latest games and technology. Bottle Rocket does not only exceed standards – we set news ones (and have fun while doing it).
We take pride in our employees and their future. We have repeatedly been named the Dallas Business Journal's Best Places to Work, The Dallas Morning News Top 100 Places to Work, and the Inc. 500. Our work has won an unprecedented number of Apple Hall of Fame awards.
We have even been featured on Forbes America’s Most Promising Companies List. And our Founder and CEO was named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for our region.
Bottle Rocket will never stop pushing the limits of mobile design, information architecture, and capabilities of the platforms we embrace. We love embracing the impossible in game development, TV Everywhere, enterprise, commerce, publishing, and more. With tens of millions of users interacting with our work every day, Bottle Rocket’s future promises continued growth of both our capacity and capabilities in all areas of our business. We focus on tough problems, improving our work, and creating project plans to release the next award-winning app. If you are passionate about what you do and having fun while doing it, Bottle Rocket may be the place for you.
For more information about our craft, visit bottlerocketstudios.com.
ABOUT This Position:
Bottle Rocket offers a uniquely entrepreneurial, yet supportive culture, where ideas can come from anywhere and execution is everything. Our team is seeking talented Visual Designers to join us in creating mobile experiences for some of the most recognized brands in the world. Your role will touch all phases of the creative process on current work and new business initiatives.
Working closely with a team of very skilled engineers and strategists, you will visually craft everything from native apps, web experiences and wearables to the future of television. Broadly speaking, you will be the voice of our clients’ brands and a guide to their users. On a day-to-day basis that may mean defining the visual language for new products, creating prototypes of new experiences, delivering assets to engineering, crafting iconography, or collaborating on strategic decisions.
You should have a design background in both digital and print, and be prepared to bring cutting-edge design and media thinking to the table. Experience in mobile and web design strongly preferred.
- Distilling broad strategic direction into functional, beautiful design.
- Handling a breadth of visual design work from interface to branding.
- Collaborating on the user experience for large projects from concepting through completion and measurement.
- Articulating design solutions through sketches, wireframes, flows, prototypes, and other design artifacts.
- Working in close partnership with engineering to determine the best way a design can be implemented.
- Creating design deliverables for engineering and supporting implementation.
- Taking ownership of and leading projects by estimating effort, defining deliverables, and communicating progress.
- Able to manage and plan work autonomously.
- Able to handle complex design problems.
- Capable of presenting work clearly with constructive debate.
- Experience working with engineering teams.
- Knowledge of iOS and Android design patterns.
- Comfortable with Sketch and Adobe products.
- Comfortable prototyping experiences using tools like framer.js, Origami, Flinto or After Effects.
- Able to demonstrate a personal perspective on aesthetics related to art, design and technology.
- 5+ years design experience.
- Combination of in-house and agency experience preferred.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in design.
- Successfully shipped apps to the App Store or Google Play.