Pre and Post-Op
Patient Care Svcs(Tech & Asst)
Mon-Fri, days, 6:30am-3pm
This position will perform a variety of direct patient care services to assist in the implementation of selected portions of the care plan as directed and supervised by a Clinical Nurse.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- As directed and supervised by healthcare professional, collects and records a variety of routine patient data to ensure ongoing accuracy of patient chart.
- As directed and supervised by healthcare professional, performs a variety of basic patient care activities to provide for optimal comfort and safety of the patient.
- Assists in performance of a variety of related tasks and functions as needed.
- Identifies and reports unusual findings or observations, clinical symptoms, behaviors, and treatment administered to appropriate healthcare professional to ensure timely and effective intervention.
- Maintains inventory levels of stock items, supplies, and equipment to provide for efficient and cost effective unit operation.
- Participates in a variety of in-service programs, meetings, conferences, and daily care rounds to maintain understanding of care plan changes, issues, and expectations.
- Performs a variety of activities to provide for the ongoing maintenance of the unit's environment.
- Provides orientation to the unit and hospital systems and processes to patients and family members to ensure familiarity with unit's policies and requirements.
- Reviews and reinforces with patient/family education of basic technical procedures, activities/safety of daily living to ensure understanding.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.