The Business Office Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and influencing department activities and delivery of Business services while maintaining continuous quality improvement. The Manager maintains operations within budgetary parameters. Effectively interacts with patients, patients? family, and health team members, while maintaining standards of professional business service. The Business Office manager is accountable to the Director of Business Services or Chief Financial Officer for the day-to-day management of personnel, including staffing, timekeeping, employee evaluations, counseling interviewing and selection of staff within established guidelines. 1. High school diploma or equivalent required
2. Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance preferred
3. Three to five years management experience in an acute health care business office required
4. Preferred Skills and Abilities: Must be able to demonstrate understanding of and ability to interpret third party payer principles and terms and COBRA laws. Strong organizational skills required for effective communication with patients, physicians, public, staff and administrations. Must be able to work in fast paced environment with frequent interruptions.
5. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
6. Effective written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
7. Ability to multi-task, prioritize needs to meet required timelines
8. Analytical and problem-solving skills