Bryant Park Corporation and 34th Street Partnership seek a full-time, paid intern as a member of the Events Department staff. The two companies are award-winning not-for-profit Business Improvement Districts which share staff and offices, and a mission to improve the quality of the commercial, physical, and public space environments in each of their midtown Manhattan districts. Successful public spaces offer high-quality events and programming that draw people to the space and enrich the community.
Ideal candidates understand tight deadlines, work well independently and with groups, and are comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously. The successful candidate will be expected to take on our mission quickly, to be comfortable working non-traditional hours, and to be confident in managing events onsite.
Office hours are officially 9am–5:30pm, Monday - Friday. However, hours will go beyond the office due to the nature of event planning and production, and will also include early mornings, late nights, overnights, and weekends.
Applicants must be available to work from May until September (exact dates are flexible).
The position is full-time with hourly pay. The successful candidate can expect a schedule of approximately 40 hours per week. Compensation is $15/hour.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience working at a fast-paced office dedicated to making New York City safer, cleaner, and more engaging. Interns can expect to take on real responsibilities, and acquire practical knowledge about event management, the performing arts, and public space management. Interns can expect to work closely with executive staff and park staff, and develop a network of contacts in related industries.
· Assist in coordinating and executing Bryant Park’s hundreds of public summer programs and performances, which includes Movie Nights, theater, music, dance, classes, and tours
· Act as a friendly and helpful ambassador for Bryant Park when helping with events
· Assist in the coordination of commercial, cultural, film and media events in the park
· Assist with promotion efforts related to the park’s events
· Supervise large event load-ins/load-outs in the park, which frequently involves early morning, late night, overnight, and/or weekend hours
· Work extensively outdoors, interacting with park staff and event producers
· Respond to inquiries from potential event producers
· Conduct research projects and comparative studies related to events and park operations
· Department administrative duties
· Recent college graduate, or senior in college
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Strong writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
· Outgoing, mature, and assertive, with a “no job too small” attitude
· Responsible and detail-oriented, with excellent observation skills
· Ability to maintain high energy and positive attitude through a long day
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $15.00 /hour
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required