The Human Resources Manager reports to the Store Manager and ensures successful performance of HR functions in the store. Exercises discretion to ensure accomplishment of Division HR objectives.
Education / Experience Requirements:
Position Contribution Level :
- Assist the Store Manager to meet or exceed store sales and profit plans through the training, coaching & managing of the HR team to support the store sales associates
- Provide training & communication regarding meeting or exceeding Customer Experience goals to store sales associates
- Communicate with Store Manager and Division HR regarding issues and needs
- Proper execution of all existing systems and procedures; ownership of new system implementations and processes
- Training HR team on HR systems and procedures
- Identify HR needs in the store and drive the solution
- Support store Omni functions as needed
- Adhere to annual expense budgets for store to achieve profit goals
- Monitor store payroll and non-payroll expenses to achieve annual expense % goals and make recommendations where appropriate
- Take timely corrective action on expense budget variances
- Schedule staffing in all departments to meet customer service expectations
- Administer current pay plan
- Maintain a safe shopping and working environment
- Drive HR Compliance. Train, coach HR team on HR compliance
- Monitoring and controlling cash overages/shortages
- Conduct timely reviews, communicate development needs, set goals and identify areas for improvement
- Recruit, interview, select and retain quality associates and ensure all positions are filled in a timely manner
- Maintain high store morale. Provide efficient, timely communications of policies and other information. Take ownership of concerns or problems that develop within the store
- Provide effective coaching to HR team, store leader and store associates in order to improve performance of all associates
- Develop and promote a diverse store team
- Communicate with associates on possible career paths and advancement opportunities
- Ensure all associates receive and complete all necessary paperwork
Minimum Education & Experience:
Preferred Education & Experience:
Knowledge / Skills Requirements:
- Four-year college degree.
- HR Management Experience
- Experience in retail management
- Excellent leadership, supervisory, analytical and reasoning skills
Proficient in computer business-related computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, etc).
- Ability to use computer keyboard, standard telephone and other related business equipment
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time
- Ability to work at a safe and steady pace
HR Lead and HR Associates
Belkcareers.com is committed to making the on-line application experience easy and accessible to individuals with disabilities. We are constantly making improvements to comply with the spirit of the "Americans with Disabilities Act," and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. If any of the information on the belkcareers.com website is not accessible to you due to a disability, please contact us via email at HRSharedServices@Belk.com. Please provide the location of the inaccessible information and the format you wish to have the information presented and we will be happy to send it to you, either via your email address or a separate mailing address you provide. If you prefer, you may contact one of our friendly Shared Services representatives at 1-800-588-3700 and we will be happy to assist you with the application process.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We treat all our associates and candidates as equals. We require all associates and managers to do so too and comply with employment laws and regulations. All personnel actions are conducted in the spirit of equal employment. We are committed to recruit, train, promote and retain associates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identification and expression, national origin, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.