About Albertus Magnus College:
Albertus Magnus College thrives as a diverse and dynamic institution serving 1,500 students in three distinct degree programs: traditional undergraduate, accelerated adult undergraduate and master’s degrees. Through its liberal arts and professional educational offerings and its long- standing excellence in student-centered, values-based education, Albertus Magnus College is a shining example of modern day education. The Albertus campus provides a distinctive environment for students, faculty and staff. The College’s 50-acre, park-like campus, within walking distance to downtown New Haven, is located in one of the city’s most distinguished residential neighborhoods, Prospect Hill, which features both early 20th century mansions and modern architectural gems. Numerous academic, student services, and athletic buildings grace the campus, which serve as an attraction to prospective students. The Mission Statement of Albertus Magnus College is to provide men and women with an education that promotes the search for truth in all its dimensions and is practical in its application.
This position combines the art of website design with the art of programming. Responsibilities include development of the official website, the internal portal and support of various CRM/CMS systems. Successful candidates will have the capacity to balance creativity with efficiency, and take creative direction.
- Maintains the website architecture; web programming activities and projects, including daily updates of web pages, forms, and site functions.
- Participates in the development of strategies to optimize website operation and to implement new features and functionality.
- Ensures that College websites adhere to usability and accessibility standards, conform to brand guidelines, and follow internal web development processes.
- Assist in designing assets for College website, internal portal, emails and banners
- Collaborates with various College departments to develop and deploy forms, manage materials, and send emails using the contact relationship management system (CRM).
- Supports the social networking, surveys, and other electronic communication tools related to College communications.
- Ensures all designs follow modern web design standards across all browsers and on all devices.
- Maintains clear communication with team members via email, hangouts, verbal communication, and a project management tool.
- Keeps current on trends and advancements in web development, social media, and related technologies.
- Provides general technical troubleshooting.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Knowledge of web programming languages and use of related applications. Experience managing websites and related online solutions.
- Bachelor Degree or related experience.
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience in web production and development in a professional setting.
- Familiarity with Wordpress, Photoshop/Illustrator.
- Familiarity with Slate preferred.
- Experience with OU Campus preferred.
- Strong technical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to deal directly with clients of all technical backgrounds and professional levels, to independently resolve routine and non-routine technical matters, prioritize work and meet deadlines, and work effectively as part of a team.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Desk work in an office environment. Occasional nights and weekend updates to websites for notices of College closing due to inclement weather and other notices.
How to Apply: