Guild Mortgage Company
, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Loan Officer Assistant plays an important role in the organization by performing, under direct supervision, a number of activities related to assisting originators build complete loan files for submission. This role may perform the Lead to Contract and/or Contract to Close duties.
Lead to Contract duties:
- Assist originator in appointment setting with prospective and new applicants.
- Provide new lead call backs within 20 minutes and maintain a 35% conversion rate from lead to appointment.
- Set and confirm appointments for originator and manage calendar.
- Provide administrative support managing various client databases (lead tracker, MyCircle, Zillow, etc.). Send new clients online pre-qualification link on behalf of originator.
- Assist the originator with obtaining an accurate and thorough 1003.
- Analyze customer’s credit and financial scenario and determining appropriate loan product(s).
- Run credit on loans assigned to an originator
- Run AUS findings and prepare the Initial Fee Worksheet.
- Pull and prep web applications and other duties; including updating credit reports and AUS findings.
- Request status updates from pre-approved clients and referral sources (weekly TBD calls).
- Keep up to date with company approved programs and software systems; implement and execute new systems for team and clients.
- Provide marketing support by coordinating, creating, obtaining compliance approval, tracking, and distributing advertising materials as needed.
- Manage monthly compliance-approved email marketing to realtors.
Contract to Close duties:
- Monitor key dates related to loan transactions and respond accordingly.
- Send loan forms, disclosures agreements, and other supporting documentation to customers for completion and signature; manage the collection of completed documents accordingly.
- Manage assigned originator's database; tracking active loan(s) and entering data as needed.
- Maintain customer contact to ensure follow-up of loan application and answer basic customer inquiries while providing quality customer service.
- Provide support in the collection and preparation of submitting loan application with supporting documentation to processing.
- Order out 4506T, SSA, Credit Supplements, AccountCheck and Work Number as needed.
- Prepare and submit loan applications to processing, helping to resolve any subsequent file issues and escalating processor conditions as required assisting processor in clearing any conditions placed on loan(s).
- Reviewing CD to ensure fees and cash at closing are consistent with commitment to customer.
- Provide any necessary assistance through production and underwriting process.
- Provide status updates to referral sources on active loans, subject to Guild’s policies on Consumer Privacy and Safeguarding of Information.
- Answer customer inquiries related to active loan, and/or loan application status.
Additional common duties:
- Acting as a primary point of contact for the customer, and keeping the customer informed throughout the process, subject to the limitations as set forth in Guild’s SAFE Act and Consumer Privacy/Safeguarding in Information policies.
- Pricing loan in accordance with Guild’s policies and communicating fees to operations team.
- Quoting rates and making commitments regarding locking to customer.
- Maintain referral source relationships through quick response time and excellent custom service.
- Prepare and send thank you cards to referral sources and new clients.
- Collect supporting documentation from customer, gathering necessary documentation for pre-approval.
- Act as a point of contact for the customer and referral source, keeping them informed throughout the process.
- Discuss product features with customer.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Per GUILD company policy and in accordance with investor underwriting guidelines, this role is prohibited from submitting documents to underwriting and ordering written (non-third party) employment, income, deposit, mortgage or rental verifications under any circumstances.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred, along with at least two years of experience in Mortgage lending or related field.
- Active MLO licensing required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; strong detail orientation and highly organized.
- Works with a strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Passionate about delivering excellence in customer service.
- Demonstrated patience and professionalism when interacting with both internal and external customers.
- Proficiency with data entry, PDF software programs, Microsoft Word, and Excel required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Basic math skills.
- Ethical, with a commitment to company values.
- No direct or indirect reports.
- Low level of independent judgment and discretion used in decision-making; executes standard core job responsibilities with only minor variation and escalates more complex issues for advice and resolution.
- Travel: 0%
- Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; mobility in an office setting.
- Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
- Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
- Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.