Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
Event Specialist Part Time Sales
Are you outgoing, friendly and enjoy meeting new people? Our part time Event Specialist jobs are fun and exciting and could be a great fit for you! Join our winning team as a retail demonstrator promoting best in class products at your local retailers. You can be the brand ambassador who excels in captivating an audience during in-store events, with an emphasis on brand awareness, product demonstration and sales. The in-store demonstrator is responsible for reviewing program materials, set up and break down of the work area, and the preparation and sampling of products on scheduled event days. Take this chance to join the largest sales and marketing agency in North America, Advantage Solutions, where you will receive top-notch training and competitive pay rates.
* Set up, break down, product preparation and sampling during in-store demonstrations.
* Generate brand awareness and positive product impressions to increase sales.
* Assess customers individual usage needs and interests in order to best recommend products.
* Timely completion of all call reports, paperwork, and on-going personal training by required deadlines.
* High School Diploma preferred or equivalent job-related experience.
* Experience in event marketing, demonstrations, sales, brand promotion or retail/grocery.
* Interact in a friendly, enthusiastic, energetic and outgoing manner with management, clients, and consumers in any setting.
* Stand comfortably for up to 6 hours a day.
* Able to work independently and as a motivated team player.
* Ability to work a part-time retail schedule, Monday through Sunday.
* Minimal travel required for training or other scheduled events.
* Daily access to a PC computer with internet/email access.
Advantage Solutions is one of North America's leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America's leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Event Specialist generates excitement, customer engagement, brand awareness, and increased product sales through conducting event demonstrations. The Event Specialist is responsible for physically preparing, maintaining, and cleaning the demonstration area (including physically assembling and otherwise setting up and later breaking down the demonstration cart); actively marketing the product being demonstrated by physically approaching nearby shoppers to gain their attention and interest; preparing (e.g., cooking) and providing food or beverage samples or otherwise demonstrating the product to those shoppers who are successfully drawn in; and reading program materials as assigned to be able to conduct informed product-related discussions with consumers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Conduct demo event for approximately 5 hours
* Get out in front of and move around cart area to approach customers within 10 feet of cart
* Engage customers in a professional and memorable manner which generates enthusiasm for the product and the event and helps create a positive shopper experience
* Educate the consumer about the products, create brand awareness, and drive product sales
* Prepare product samples using demo equipment such as sharp knives, cooking appliances, and other food preparation tools
* Offer product samples to consumers
* Keep cart adequately stocked with samples, ingredients, and products for purchase, obtaining items from locations throughout the store as needed
* Maintain the area surrounding the demo in a safe and clean condition
Set up event within approximately 15 minute period
* Push cart weighing up to 52-74 lbs. a distance of 150-300 feet from storage area to event execution area
* Carry appliances/equipment weighing up to 20 lbs. a distance of 5-10 feet
* Retrieves product and supplies (requires lifting up to 20 lbs., reaching overhead; and carrying up to 20 lbs, up to 40 lbs at some locations, for a distance of 5 feet)
* Assemble cart and construct/set-up/display Point of Purchase materials, insert price signs, display product information, and lift signs up to 5 lbs.
* Set up and display product/materials on cart
Break down and clean up event within approximately 15 minute period
* Clean-up and sanitize cart
* Disassemble cart
* Push cart weighing up to 52-74 lbs. a distance of 150-300 feet from event execution area to storage area
* Return appliances/equipment by carrying items weighing up to 20 lbs. a distance of 5-10 feet
* Wash utensils and cookware
Perform administrative work
* Study product materials to develop product knowledge
* Review event schedule
* Complete call reports
* Attend trainings
* Check voice mails and emails
* Participate in scheduled calls with Supervisor/others as needed
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Significant experience in event marketing, demonstrations, sales or retail/grocery is highly desirable
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
* Strong verbal communication skills
* Reading comprehension
* Active listening
* Ability to understand and apply new information, procedures or principles to perform job duties
* Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
* Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting form one to another with frequent interruptions
* Time management
* Detail orientation
* Basic computer skills to enter and locate information, including familiarity with Word, Excel and Internet usage
* Excellent customer service orientation
* Positive demeanor
* Sales orientation
* Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
* Willingness to uphold ethical standards, laws and company policies and procedures
* Knowledge of ASM demo guidelines related to selling, preparing samples, and safety
* Ability to use demo preparation and cooking equipment such as small countertop appliances, utensils and thermometers
* Knowledge of food safety policies and procedures
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time
* Ability to move throughout demo area to engage the customer
* Ability to move to locate products and supplies
* Ability to visually locate merchandise and other objects
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $0.00 /year