PAC Worldwide is growing and we want you to be a part of our growth in Bethlehem, PA.
PAC Worldwide provides an excellent training program for skilled candidates to succeed at all levels. PAC also offers a great benefits package, 401(k) with company match, PTO and competitive pay.
The facility will be 24/7 with rotating 12 hour shifts. Below is an example of the schedule.
2 WEEK SCHEDULE EXAMPLE:
Mon - Work, Tuesday - Off, Wednesday - Off - Thursday - Work, Friday - Work, Saturday - Off, Sunday - Off
Mon - Off, Tuesday - Work, Wednesday - Work, Thursday - Off, Friday - Off, Saturday - Work, Sunday - Work
***The 12-hour DayShift hours will be 7am-7pm and the 12-hour Night Shift will be 7pm-7am.
Performs inspection procedures to ensure the quality of the products is consistent with the established standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts bag checks for each production machine. (Bag measurements, seal integrity, proper hot melt application, and general overall appearance.)
- Release each production machine at the beginning of the shift and every set-up thereafter. (Checklist of items will be provided)
- Processing product and materials that fail to meet the quality standards. (Place the sub-standard product/material on QA Hold, generate the necessary documents, and oversee the moving of the sub-standard product/material to the quarantine area.)
- Enter all inspection data on the computer system.
- Conduct incoming inspection checks for raw materials and finished goods (pulling samples for testing, performing the required tests, recording the data, releasing the material)
- Responsible for gathering product/material samples and the filing and storage on those samples according to the set procedures.
- Conduct required audits of finished goods to ensure quality standards are being followed.
- Assist in the investigation of customer complaints.
- Provide production associates with labels as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred
- Must be capable of speaking, reading and writing English with good written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and interpret general quality procedures and test methods.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals using a calculator.
- Ability to read ruler.
- Excellent attention to detail, quality, safety, problem solving and follow-up.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must be able to input inspection data in database software
Familiarity with MS Office required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distant vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Employee must be able to work overtime with short notice. Because Quality is a small department, there are no extra employees to cover absenteeism.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- The noise level in the environment is moderate.